Follower doesn't walk, instead teleports (drags) towards me.

Serkonos

Suddenly my follower (Anum-La from 3DNPC) stopped walking and instantly drags herself towards me. I did not download any new mods before this started happening. I attempted recycleactor but she just teledragged herself towards me again. After using console commands to kill and then resurrect her, I then tried to dismiss her. Each time, she still teledrags towards me! I then tried to reset IAFT ( Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks) , but I got the same result. I tried set playerfollowercount to 0 and resetai, still to no avail.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly my follower (Anum-La from 3DNPC) stopped walking and instantly drags herself towards me. I did not download any new mods before this started happening. I attempted recycleactor but she just teledragged herself towards me again. After using console commands to kill and then resurrect her, I then tried to dismiss her. Each time, she still teledrags towards me! I then tried to reset IAFT ( Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks) , but I got the same result. I tried set playerfollowercount to 0 and resetai, still to no avail.

based on your description of the events and results, I did a bit of research, I have a couple of ideas that may render assistance.

1. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49216
  2. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41017/?tab=description

NOTE: I have played the mods in question as well as know even an essential character gets wounded.

Therefore you need to do something to fix them, it's based on known game engine issues and bad script writing in all of the Bethesda games.

Other wise no one would bother to make this mods to begin with.

This is only a suggestion to use Both of these mods in tandem. there are others but per-requists are to complicated for the cure.

let me know if this helps this issue.

It's important because the other commenters here will factualize the issue on the wiki if found to resolve the bugs.

@Mystic Arts

I'm a bit confused by your response. First off, she is not limping, shes fully healed and standing but just moves without walking. And why did you link Fallout NV mods?

It is an idea for you to look for the solution, not actually a download.

IF the character is only from the mods your running and not all characters? then it's possibly the AI thinks its' damaged.

NOTE: I mentioned all Bethesda games ?

They are not walking, they are frozen while moving thru the environment. Look at the Ideas posted on the description pages, there is most likely something similar on the skyrim mod site.

She moves like a mannequin--correct?

@Mystic Arts

Yes she is moving like a mannequin. I have tried healing spells and resethealth but it hasn't worked

load the xeditor and scan across the fields and see what touches that NPC data, please look in all strings attached to that NPC's things.

second I can possibly purge the data from your saved game to, but no promises.

@Mysitc Arts

I'm very new to SSEEdit, would "scanning the fields" be the same as filtering for conflicts? If not, please tell me how, thanks for the help so far.

In game hit ( ` ) and click on the NPC in question, at the top of the screen you should see a number, that number write it down and exit the game.

Runnssedit.

at the top of sse, type in the number and hit enter key and wait.

It should take you right to the correct spot for that NPC.

Click on the left side to allow targeting the data strings , on the right side menu windows, there are tab's bellow that indicate all associated links, each also have sub links when you double click on each line.

now, heree's where things get hard to understand, what your looking for is information that effects theNPC's actions, AI or effects.

Also, notice if any mod's are listed in the first time looking.

As long as the data you enter in the form ID box remains, you can re-run the search for each string.

IF need be? I need a link to what ever mod your using for that NPC so I can show you how and where to look.

I can't be expected to install hundreds of mods, I only require the mod that contains the NPC character.

I can post images of the what and where things might be.

But on your side, if you installed a lot of mods, this preliminary search and destroy process may take more time.

what's important is t Identify what mods are touching this NPC's data, they will be listed by the tab bellow.

SSE is not the same as old rim so there are differences.

Another thing that can cause this effect is invalidation is not set, and there exists a fight in the software, BA2 verses other addon data where the ba2 files are not being overridden.