game instaloads and starts notifying about DLC before freezing

Dactyliomancer

This problem is honestly baffling me. I'm not an expert on modding, a lot of it is past me, but I thought I had enough knowledge to fix a problem like this- apparently not. This has been going on for a while now. I have several mods, and all the DLC/plugins- my last savefile was still in a fairly early part of the game. Recently, I hit play and instead of giving me the menu, it flashed from the credits screen to a flash of loading screen and then a black screen, along with the notification things for all the DLCs one after the other (ie you have the Scavenger's pack, strange radio signal, etc)

I've disabled every single plugin. I've verified the game files. I've deleted all my savefiles (I wanted to start over anyway, so it wasn't a huge loss, but still sucks.) Even with the DLCs disabled, I've loaded it again, and it did the exact same damn thing- notifying me about the DLCs I'd disabled!

Somebody please give me some advice with this. I'm at my wit's end.

Edited by Dactyliomancer

This problem is honestly baffling me. I'm not an expert on modding, a lot of it is past me, but I thought I had enough knowledge to fix a problem like this- apparently not. This has been going on for a while now. I have several mods, and all the DLC/plugins- my last savefile was still in a fairly early part of the game. Recently, I hit play and instead of giving me the menu, it flashed from the credits screen to a flash of loading screen and then a black screen, along with the notification things for all the DLCs one after the other (ie you have the Scavenger's pack, strange radio signal, etc)

I've disabled every single plugin. I've verified the game files. I've deleted all my savefiles (I wanted to start over anyway, so it wasn't a huge loss, but still sucks.) Even with the DLCs disabled, I've loaded it again, and it did the exact same damn thing- notifying me about the DLCs I'd disabled!

1. Steam game ?
  2. GOG Galaxy Game ?

1. Steam game ?
  2. GOG Galaxy Game ?

This would be steam, yes.

1. Steam game ?
  2. GOG Galaxy Game ?

This would be steam, yes.

Make a folder on the desktop to store some files, these files are what's forcing the DLC content to load.

Go to the games data folder, you do a search for *.nam

Select all, and drag / "MOVE" them to the storage folder. lose and run the game now, NO dlc's will load.

Make a folder on the desktop to store some files, these files are what's forcing the DLC content to load.

Select all, and drag / "MOVE" them to the storage folder. lose and run the game now, NO dlc's will load.

I've done so. The DLC notifications are gone, but nothing has improved- I still go right from the copyrights screen to a black screen, complete with the AC and health bar at the bottom.

I've done so. The DLC notifications are gone, but nothing has improved- I still go right from the copyrights screen to a black screen, complete with the AC and health bar at the bottom.

ok somethings very wrong, I'll ask you what tools are being used to install all the mods with?

What your describing is an out of order load order.

You have installed a modified version of the game ini files?

Run the game after you refresh all the game files from inside steam, then launch the game from steam and see what takes place.

It looks like ini mod of some sort. A UI mod, a mod that has new instructions for Game UI---an xml file / menu file that's bad.

Edited by Purr4me