Everspace 2 (Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)

blake00

One of the great bonuses of making a Freelancer FB group a while back is that members alert me to all Freelancer & Wing Commander Privateer 'spiritual sequels' on the way haha. Been a good year so far.. first Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Then Starpoint Gemini 3 and now we've got Everspace 2!

The sequel is looking even more amazing than the first one did. The whole rogue like randomly generated galaxy put me off playing the last one but it sounds like they're going proper open world detailed pre-made galaxy like good old Freelancer this time around! And the planet surface areas look awesome too! Kickstarter total looks a bit worrying though but hopefully they get there over the line!

This guy has done a good video preview of it:

[video=youtube]

Here's some sexy screens I found around the place:

ss_281959baff798b9c6d3043aac3e59fb8babf6

ss_6cc4d7a1428620e18bca920f866be21830769

ss_4d610538118f701942fcc47e6c4f648cd1b6e

Edited by blake00

Looks good, but I hope there's an Inside the cockpit view, instead of the follow camera view

My thought too ... but it does look so much like Privateer for it's RPG aspect, which I find kind of exciting.

• 11 months later...

This guy has done a good review of the Everspace 2 closed beta currently happening and yup you'll see he's playing it from a nice Wing Commander Privateer style cockpit view! :smile:

I like how he constantly compares to Freelancer instead of other games haha. He mentioned planet surface stuff but yeah who knows if its gonna be like Freelancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXARTskUbC0

Edited by blake00