F4SE Insists It is Out of Date

wandrinronin

Hello! Whenever I try to launch F4SE (either from Mod Organizer or via the F4SE launcher in the F04 Steam folder), I receive this message:

afe2d974106e7279272edd58a623a1a78e447bb9

I scoured the internet and found no one complaining about F4SE being out of date, so I assume that F4SE is not, in fact, out of date, and that I'm doing something wrong.

I've redownloaded F4SE from silverlock several times and followed the installation instructions explicitly. I have also tried disabling all of my mods and launching F4SE without any active plugins, and it still gives me the same message. I cannot begin to fathom what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas that might be of help, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you in advance!

F4SE should be 0.6.17

F4SE 0.6.8 is an older version, so that dialogue box is correct, and you are indeed running an older version. but you have the latest version of the DLL file.

so its possible you are running it from a different place to where it should be, which is in the Fallout 4 Installation folder

or you are not Replacing the f4se_loader.exe with the latest version.

have you got F4SE installed to any other location, if so delete all traces of it, and try again. delete the shortcut as well if applicable just in case.