Dark Brotherhood broken questline

kylecouch25

• 7 years later...

Dunno if this'll work, but that bug's mentioned in wiki:

Sometimes it can take several days to receive the Courier's letter even with sleeping.

If the courier still does not appear, try fast traveling to a different hold and waiting.

Thanks for the advice man, i was having that same problem where the courier wouldn't come to me no longer how long i waited.

I've been having the same problem lately, and I found that tidbit of advice and tried it. Didn't work and still waiting after three game weeks. Maybe Astrid just didn't get the memo. However, I did find a way to continue the quest. Unfortunately, it will require a little cheating. In the absence of the courier delivering the message, you can either go to the Abandoned Shack, then press the ~ key, click the door, and then type in "Unlock". The door will be unlocked and you will be able to go inside. OR, you could get there from anywhere by typing in "coc AbandonedShackInterior" and just materialize inside the shack. Either way, when you enter, you'll find Astrid and her three prisoners there. From there you can proceed, although you will have missed out on Astrid's speech before making your decision.