Vortex not enabling mods despite being displayed as "Enabled"

HermaeusM0R4
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

I figured out, after installing ESL mod I must enter game, save, quit, open Vortex, and enable the ESL again and it will load when entering game again

This is a rather bizarre way to enable ESL's. You're clearly doing something wrong in your Vortex game setup.

When I install an ESL mod, it is automatically enabled, deployed, and ready to go. Upon launching the game through Vortex, the ESL mod loads and is immediately active. It's as easy as that. No special Vortex ESL gymnastics are required.

He kept enabling them in NMM, despite me saying not to, which created a Plugins.txt exclusively for the enabled ESLs

Meanwhile, when he fired up Vortex, Vortex would load the Plugins.txt that DOESN'T have the ESLs enabled, so it would promptly Disable them again.

I had just downloaded 2 mods and installed on Vortex for Skyrim SE but when I went in game it seemed as if they hadn't loaded, so when I left game I double checked they were enabled in Mods list and Plugins list on Vortex. I went to look at the mods in Xedit and despite being .esl they were at the bottom so I left real quick went to NMM and found they were not enabled.

I've experienced that in Xedit myself, just close Xedit, hit SORT in Vortex, and it should 'fix' why Xedit keeps opening the Load Order wrong.

Now, to answer your last post....For one, stop opening NMM and enabling and disabling esps, esls etc, you're going to get yourself stuck in a loop of enabled and disabled plugins.

Out of curiosity, what version of Vortex are you using, and what version of NMM are you using?

Vortex version 1.0.5

NMM version 0.65.4.0

I had used NMM on just 2 ESL mods specifically from MihailMods: Seals and sea lions, and Giant younglings.

I had installed 2 more ESL mods from MihailMods, same problem but instead of going to NMM I checked up on them in Vortex and found them disabled and after enabling again they then loaded in game and they too are missing from my Vortex plugins.txt

Edited by HermaeusM0R4

Vortex version 1.0.5

NMM version 0.65.4.0

I had used NMM on just 2 ESL mods specifically from MihailMods: Seals and sea lions, and Giant younglings.

I had installed 2 more ESL mods from MihailMods, same problem but instead of going to NMM I checked up on them in Vortex and found them disabled and after enabling again they then loaded in game and they too are missing from my Vortex plugins.txt

OK this part

I checked up on them in Vortex and found them disabled and after enabling again they then loaded in game and they too are missing from my Vortex plugins.txt

OK, you checked them in Vortex and found them Disabled, then you ENABLED them again...(Did you Enable them Again with VORTEX or NMM, this is kind of an important detail), and then they loaded into your game, but they are missing from Plugins.txt

Please STOP using NMM and Vortex together.

Did you Install ALL of your mods with Vortex, or some with NMM?
From your response, you're making it sound like you've installed SOME mods with Vortex, and others with NMM

Because you CANNOT mix the two

They were enabled again with Vortex

All the mods I installed I did with Vortex

No mods have been installed with NMM since downloading Vortex

I have other ESL mods by MihailMods and they were installed > enabled > deployed just fine with Vortex version 1.0.4 I think the update is part of the problem

Edited by HermaeusM0R4