[Mod Request] Increase Difficulty

shadow85

Yes, indeed, I agree!

Two things I see mandatory for harder gameplay - limited amount of ammo Morgan can carry (current amount is ridiculously high) and increased damage to the player. Right now Arthur is able to take both barrels shot for a double barrel shotgun and walk to the shooter and tie him with rope. This is more ridiculous, even absurd...

In my console playthrough, I loved the feeling of chapter 1 and 2 where you were just scraping by. But by the time you're into chapters 3 and 4 you have far too much health in a gunfight, way too much ammo to ever need worrying, and the mission rewards were far too much money. Too soon, you stop feeling like you have to make any meaningful choices with so much money. I would love a mod that increases the stakes and makes money much more scarce-- at least mission rewards.

Exactly, same problem occured with W3: WH. I felt challenged when I was between level 1-12, but after that Geralt was becoming extremly rich and powerful and combat felt trivial, cast quen, attack repeat.

I was so bored half way through the game I gave up, never finished it.

So, really need some difficulty mods for RDR2!

I have been waiting for any kind of difficulty mod! I think a decrease just to Arthurâs (and Johnâs) base health alone would be worthwhile! I know there are mods already to make you have infinite health and am wondering if it would be just as easy to put your maximum health to like 50% or lower? Just a thought! Any info would be wonderful! Would love to have a sense of urgency in gun fights at the very least! Edited by sevus09

Well, after several hours of gameplay, my suggest for progression/difficulty :

- reduce drastically ammo

- reduce pistol/revolver/rifle/repeater ammo capacity to 20.

- reduce shotgun ammo to 10.

- reduce .22 to 30.

- reduce arrow to 7.

- reduce throwable (dynamite/molotov) to 3.

- reduce throwing knifes to 6.

- reduce tomahawk to 1.

- reduce max consommable/usable in the inventory (exception for hunt/fish tool and gomina that could stay as actual) :

- item with cap 20 to 10.

- item with cap 10 to 5.

- item with cap 5 to 3.

- item with cap 3 to 1.

(note : ammo and item capacity special equipment bonuses should also need a rebalance)

- increase bountie values (redemption should not be cheap) :

- upgrade x3.

- increase camp upgrade cost (so no more maximize easily at chapter 2) :

- ammo/food/med cart upgrade cost x5 (exept the lvl1 upgrade for foodcart should stay as actual, to not break Strauss 1st debt mission)

- rework XP gain by specializing activity gain and reduce gain values to not be maxed too fast :

- HP gain only by lifting (camp activities and carry animals or bodies) and brawling.

- Stamina gain only by running (but with a reduce gain than actual cause the stat that gain really fast, so devide by 3).

- Dead eye only by shooting (hunt or gunfight).

- Also reduce horse affinity XP gain (keep the 1st lvl as actual, but x3 for the next ones).

- ajust morality system because thats really easy to have a "paladin" standing, so :

- +1 for a good action, -10 for a bad (will be harder to maintain a good standing when being a bandit).

- for the last, reduce max HP by 2 (but may be with the xp gain reduction, that could not be necessary).

So here are my suggestion for a more engaging gameplay, not necessarily an hardcore or realistic balance, but surely more meaningful (you will still have plenty of ammo and items, but in the heart of action or wilderness you will have to loot and swap weapon, and a regular shop travel could be needed), i dont know if that could be realisable (on the paper thats just number variance, but i dont know how the game is coded), especially if this kind of modding impact on the online part of the game.

Edited by Meuhoua