⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Feedback wanted on WIP alchemy recipe notes mod

Jebbalon

Edit: the mod has been released, find it here... Jebbalon's Reagent Revealing Recipes

I'm working on a mod that will reveal effects on ingredients after reading the potion/poison recipes in the game.

Actually the mod is just about done.

I just want some feedback to make sure I've covered everything.

Skyrim LE has the mod Learn Alchemy from Recipes by NeoRunek. Their mod does similar thing and is definitely an inspiration.

My mod takes it to the next level though. I have not touched any of the recipes in the game adding scripts to them. Quest aliases are used instead.

I've added 85 additional recipes to the game as well. They cover most all of the Alch... effects and all the DLC ingredients too.

If you look at the comment section for LAFR you'll see that I tried to contact NeoRunek for permission to port the mod to SSE but did not / have not received that permission.

That was in 2017. Since then I have been thinking about and working on the mod I have now. (longer time on the thinking part)

Let me know your thoughts about this...

-Jebbalon

Edited by Jebbalon

That is the idea and it is how it works.

I've been working on this and playing with different scenarios. I read all 113 recipes in game and checked a container with nearly all the ingredients from the game. There were only 4 ingredients that did not have any effects revealed and there were 2 that had all 4 effects revealed. So, reading recipes can really help a player now. When it comes to learning alchemy.