Mod recommendations

TwistedMemory

• 5 months later...
Great question TwistedMemory :smile:
This is kinda an old post, so not sure if you're still checking this, but maybe this response will be handy to someone else.
For me, I would say these are must haves:
Tamriel Rebuilt
Definite must have, and many addon mods have been made for it. This mod is decades in progress, and is on version 20, I believe.
It adds the mainland, and many places, and quests. Lore friendly.
There are also two sister mods for that.
Skyrim Home of the Nords
"...bringing the province of Skyrim to the world of TESII."
Province Cyrodil
"Set almost exactly between the great ports of Cyrodiil, Hammerfell, Valenwood and Summerset, the isle of Stirk offers a safe harbor to the many trade ships that sail on the wide Abecean Sea. Though poor and provincial compared to the mighty cities of Cyrodiil, the island thrives on passing trade and the rich fishing grounds that surround it."
Also -
Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins
"This mod affects Dwemer ruins “Odrosal”,” Vemynal” & “Dagoth Ur” in Main Quest timeline, and it is my attempt to make the quest to find Kagrenac’s Tools and destroy Dagoth Ur a much more involved task. You can expect to find much larger ruins to explore as well as traps, puzzles, and a completely new final battle with Dagoth Ur featuring a new end sequence. Never a dull moment."
There are many others as well, I haven't even touched on replacers, leveled lists, etc. but maybe someone else can cover those. :smile:

• 3 months later...

Legend has it that in the year 2056 archeologists will discover a fully functional copy of Skywind in an abandoned trailer somewhere in the Sonoran Desert. That would be a must have for any good mod collection. Forensic scientists think this mod was completed between 2029-2032.