[Mod Request] Aim down the sights on horse in first person

wildyracing

Hi there,

as you might know, RDR2 allow to aim down sights in first person, which is great for immersion. BUT only on foot, not on horse, which breaks the said immersion, at least for me. I wish to play without a reticle and this makes horse shooting straight impossible.

The animation is there, the models are there, so if any modder could make a fix for this it will be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

Alternatively and as temporary solution, a mod about leaving the reticle visible only on horseback and when the bow is used. On foot with all other weapons, the reticle have to remain hidden so you'd use ADS for better immersion in FP IMO.

I tried playing without a reticle and it feels great, but without ADS on horseback and some kind of a guidance with the bow the game becomes almost impossible. You can't shoot a single dear with the bow without the reticle, at least I wasn't able. Let alone shoot it with the bow on horseback... something that is very easy in TP and with reticle. For realism, shooting on horseback shouldn't be easy to do (it is actually very hard), but for gameplay purposes it is clear Rockstar didn't intended players to shoot the bow and other weapons from the horse without a reticle. It's a pity, because if there was ADS and/or some mechanic specifically for that the immersion would'd been amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, it'd be nice to be able to aim down the sight of any weapons in any circumstance to make the game playable without reticule. Personally, I'd still would like to play in third person view while not aiming: Metal Gear Solid V was great for that.

Otherwise, I'd love to disable the hit or kill confirmation animation of the reticule in single player mode. When you shoot someone it becomes a white X shape and when the shot kills it becomes a red X shape... but I digress.

Edited by DawnFu