Typing of Oblivion

c0rg1

Years ago Sega Dreamcast came out with "Typing of the Dead". I came up with an absurd idea. I don't know if I was drunk or exausted or under medication when I came up with the idea but it entertained me throughout a dull work day.

A mod for oblivion that in essence turns Oblivion into a "Typing of the dead" parody. With project Gutenberg's immense public domain library tons of books could be used to fill in typing requirements.

Somehow I imagine combat chooses text content based on the type of weapon you use. Standard edge weapons would use "King author" books, Bash weapons "Conan the barbarian" and for magic "H.P. Lovecraft".

Instead of a modern typewriter and dreamcast the new models would feature and old 1930's typewriter and a backpack that looks like a book shelf. A shelf that gets more books as you cary more weapons.

Instead of finding weapons you find books. Classic titles and more to inspire "young readers" to be curious.

It's just an wild unkempt idea. I doubt it could be made into an actual functional mod. I just thought I would share my absurdity with you guys.

That's it. Let your imaginations go wild. :devil:

Edited by c0rg1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this while looking to see if there was any mods or updates, or anything really, for my copy of Typing of the Dead. Had to recover my account it's been so long, but I couldn't NOT say how awesome this idea is lol I wish someone could make it a reality 'cause I would play tf out of it.

Side-note, anyone reading this that hasn't played Typing of the Dead... trust me I know it sounds stupid and weird, it really really does, but it's truly bizarre how awesome it is in reality. No, seriously, I know that sounds ridiculous, but just try it. It's free all over the internet, (sadly you can't buy it) and it's one of the games I think everyone should give a fair chance.