SLI Profile Request

WhyEm

Thank you so much... yes i found both threads two days ago i actually have the evga one on my favorites and keep refreshing. they work but problem is i have to town down my settings for them to be stable and think about "lets see if this doesn't crash" while i play.

i hope we get an update from R* or NVidia.

iv'e practically memorized the lines from the prologue :P

Well guess what even when you disable SLI or set the game to use a single GPU it still uses both cards. But I disabled SLI and set GPU 1 Dedicate to Physx and turned on FreeSync/Gsync just becasue monitor is free not g lol. Anyways the game still runs 75-95fps and the flashing is gone in the snow up by the lake area. GPUs are both still in the high 90% useage rate. I also up every set that could go to Ultra to Ultra rest at High the only one I have down is the bar on the water. Anyway just weird and it works for me not sure why it still uses both card with SLI disabled. Also im using 8x override on aa and 8x supersample aa in control panel after adding the exe. This is using Vulkan and with HDR enabled also using there HDR mode and not Game.

Edited by Rytir74

Im pretty sure it just a glitch with my system for some reason it acts like SLI is enable when its not. Even when u go to the setting in the control panel for the exe it doesn't show were u select which sli profile to use so it like windows has it disabled but for some reason the game still thinks its enabled. The game had locked up on me last night using DX12 in chapter 2 to the point each time I would load into the game it would crash back to desktop and the only way I was able to get it to load again was by switching to vulkan and I had already disable SLI because I forgot to remove AFR1 so I set it back to nvidia perfered and disable sli. Then when I loaded back into the game it didn't crash and Afterburner was still showing both cards being used and my FPS was 85fps setting in camp and it didn't crash again all night till about 3am when I went to bed. I thought it was weird and never closed the game so this morning I loaded it up and sure enough both GPUs are still running and rode up to the snow and no flashing. So if it is using any profile it would be default one from the 441.12 driver because I went from 440.97 to 441.12 because I was just going to use a single card. The only reason I set one to Physx was because before when I would set the game to use a single GPU the game would still run SLI so I thought maybe if I set one to PhysX it would finally kill SLI working in Vulkan but nope still runs like its enabled. Far as HDR goes just enable it in windows and go to the display setting in game to enable then went to calibration nd changed it to there mode. Im also using 100hz instead of 120hz so I can use 10bit color in the control panel due to limitations of the port @5120x1440. So its weird as hell as to why this made any diff at all with the flashing is beyond me and why it still think SLi is enabled. The game clearly had some issues lol

Man...i dont mind R* doing anything... this is the best game "For Me" i ever played. last time played this much was Witcher 3. now this thing is going to keep me hooked for a damn while.

I'm playing on a OLED by LG so doesnt matter. will upgrade soon : )

i'm currently running into issues with cloud sync

Hmm the in game bench only showed 45 average with a high of 95. Afterburner only shows 40fps most of the time with GPU1 @ 99% and GPU2 @ 55%. But geforce fps shows 85-90fps and the monitor is sysnc to what the geforce counter shows. But the game sure doesnt feel like its only running at 40fps. So with the geforce fps counter showing 80-90fps lead me to believe that it was running that FPS becasue it doesnt feel slow. I guess its a glitch with freesync and using bordless window mode. But normlly Gync or Freesync will go down to whatever FPS your getting to remove the tearing and the monitor refresh is all over the place from 70-90 and at times 115. So its like its cutting it in half almost. Hell I don't know im confused lol. Also you would think 1 would have a lower usage than 2 since its the one set to Pysx.

Hmm the in game bench only showed 45 average with a high of 95. Afterburner only shows 40fps most of the time with GPU1 @ 99% and GPU2 @ 55%. But geforce fps shows 85-90fps and the monitor is sysnc to what the geforce counter shows. But the game sure doesnt feel like its only running at 40fps. So with the geforce fps counter showing 80-90fps lead me to believe that it was running that FPS becasue it doesnt feel slow. I guess its a glitch with freesync and using bordless window mode. But normlly Gync or Freesync will go down to whatever FPS your getting to remove the tearing and the monitor refresh is all over the place from 70-90 and at times 115. So its like its cutting it in half almost. Hell I don't know im confused lol. Also you would think 1 would have a lower usage than 2 since its the one set to Pysx. I guess this is why the flashing is gone since it not really using SLI. But yes it cool ass game I played it till chapter 5 on the 1x until I got sick of using the console because I cant stand them lol and The Witcher was another one of the few that sucked in me in for countless hours.

Seems to have been a glitch becasue after enabling SLI and disabling it again the 2 numbers match up. The Geforce fps counter had me fooled and I guess gsync kept it from looking like it was only doing 45fps but still not to shabby with everything maxed out at 5120x1440. Also the Gpu usage is right now also 1 card is doing nadda.