how to increase just the explosion radius and not the effect?

Ahh sorry .... to get that .nif selectable using the geck.

You probably need to unpack it from the archive. Drop it in the loose folders.

Then you can select it as the mesh on the secondary explosion. Which the explosion , is the placed object ... not the mesh it holds.

Does that help , or am I not understanding whats happening ?

Open the explosion .nif you want to edit in Nifskope, click on the FadeNode, on the bottom window you'll see "Scale" value. Set it to 0.5 or whatever value you want. That will reduce the size of explosion visually. Make sure you save it under some different name so you don't change vanilla explosions (Unless that's what you want). It must be saved in "Meshes" folder. Open the Explosion form in GECK and under Art file, navigate to the explosion nif you've made. That should do the trick.

Edited by KiCHo666

Sorry I should have known it wasn't that easy. Now that I recall it better. Getting an explosion triggered from an explosion. Is done with a projectile as the intermediary.

Or a placed object , that will use "PlaceAtme Myexplosion" in a script.

Which is good stuff to know for modding. But with as easy as it sounds to rescale the explosion.

That route sounds a lot better ... And learning to use the 3D tools , will get you more mileage in modding I'm sure.

Just to mention about editing vanilla stuff. Like KiCHo666 said.

Unless you want to be adjusting the vanilla stuff for results through out the game.

You're better off to make your own unique objects.

And the easy way to do that , is open up the object you want your new one to be closest to , or exactly like it. Then just rename the ID ... close it , then select make new object ID.

Then open your new one up , and edit that.

Sorry to send you off down a rabbit hole that didn't pan out.