Vortex Locks-up when attempting to manage or activate a game

Chaos1369

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the logs, the C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\Plugins folder doesn't exist.

Also, it looks like you have your Mod staging folder in C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\\Grimdawn\mods

YOur Mod Staging folder should be on the same drive as your Games.

Also, it says that the C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\Themes' folder doesn't exist.

Looks like you have a real mess there, did you use the Custom Installer or the One Button installer?

It will help if you tell me all the mods you've got installed for Grim Dawn, and the other game you're trying to mod

I used Vortex (custom install location)-1-1-0-5-1571213955.exe

My games are in my D:\games. I installed Vortex in the same folder D"\games\vortex. My Mods folder is D:\games\vortex Mods

I don't have any mods installed for Grim Dawn.

I used Vortex (custom install location)-1-1-0-5-1571213955.exe

My games are in my D:\games. I installed Vortex in the same folder D"\games\vortex. My Mods folder is D:\games\vortex Mods

I don't have any mods installed for Grim Dawn.

You originally had 1.03 installed, how did you install 1.03?

Custom or One Click installer?

So you updated to Vortex 1.05 by just downloading and using the Custom Installer rather than using the "Check for Updates" feature built into Vortex, correct?

Because Vortex is complaining about those folder I mentioned being "Missing"

1.03 was installed using one click. I hadn't used Vortex for quite a while. When I stared it, I used the update that showed in the notices.

That's when I got the failures. I uninstalled vortex and reinstalled it using one click. No Change.

I again uninstalled vortex and used the custom installer. No Change.

When I uninstalled vortex, I used IOBit Uninstaller then IOBit System Care. Then I restarted the computer before doing the install.

This last time, I even used RegEdit to search for anything pertaining to Vortex.

I do have UAC turned off. I have tried using Vorted with it turned on. No Change. If you look at the attached picture, it shows what happens.

If I click on cancel, the prompt goes away and that's how it stays.

OK, try this

Click on GAMES, then find Grim Dawn on that screen and click MANUALLY SET LOCATION in the box that appears when you mouse over the game.
All you have to do is select the FOLDER where Grim Dawn is installed.
Is the location correct?

OH, is this STEAM Grim Dawn or GOG Grim Dawn?

I wonder if the Grim Dawn plugin is having a problem with that