Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 12,344 posts
In response to post #75020488.

Spoiler

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you can send a copy of the purchase invoice for your membership to [email protected] we can manually update the email address.

omega2008

omega2008

Arindel

• Premium Member
  • 1,716 posts
Did you guys remove Email 2FA? I don't want to use phone auth apps because I see them as way less secure for me, especially if I lose my phone. I already have SMS 2FA on my email account + other backups, so I see the apps a bit redundant. While they are extra layers of security, they are also weaknesses IMO. Plus, those apps don't even transfer properly from a phone to another, requiring me to redo the whole process activating 2FA for each account if I get new phone, but if I lose phone... my accounts are pretty much screwed. So I don't use those apps ever.

Please, add back email 2FA.

Edited by omega2008, 20 November 2019 - 11:04 AM.

fredlaus

fredlaus

Boredom is an asset

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts
No tickety for my part? Overload maybe?
This is the message: Error 524 Ray ID: 5389f8b1bdb33cc9 2019-11-20 11:09:24 UTC

Edited by fredlaus, 20 November 2019 - 11:12 AM.

OrdinaryMagician

OrdinaryMagician

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Not liking how the account recovery part does NOT tell me what the error is unless I inspect the raw response from the HTTP POST. Why exactly is this a thing and what's the meaning of "Permission to send an SMS has not been enabled for the region indicated by the 'To' number"? I'm from Spain so I have a +34 number by the way.

5133p39

5133p39

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
In response to post #75020488. #75020548 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

What "purchase invoice"?
You mean some email i probably received million ages ago on that email account which doesnt exist anymore? I am afraid that wont be possible.
Anyway, i am logged in - as you can surely see, i am after all posting this under my username, so i have to be logged in, right?
So why can't i access the account settings?

EDIT: Nevermind... i tried to follow with "logging in" again when the site asked me, and after several retries it finally worked, so i could change the password.
It seems like the site works for now.

Edited by 5133p39, 20 November 2019 - 11:23 AM.

Magickingdom

Magickingdom

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
I have no idea what any of this is. 2fa?? Don't have a cell phone(don't want one) so.... Are we swatting flies with an Abrams tank?
I will be surprised if I don't loose my account over this. I just want to use the site. I don't want to start a career in internet security. I don't have accounts with face book, tweet, or blah blah, don't want one either. As for finding my receipt for my supporter status, HAHAHAHAHA. You know better then that.
Not Happy

Edited by Magickingdom, 20 November 2019 - 11:28 AM.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 12,344 posts
Glad to hear you fixed it :)

piotrmil

piotrmil

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
In response to post #75020593.

Spoiler

Yeah, WTF is that? E-mail 2FA is fine. I don't use a smartphone at all, for example, so no apps for me. Why did you try to fix what wasn't broken?

piotrmil

piotrmil

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
Same here, completely ridiculous decision.

Loveblanket

Loveblanket

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
I don't have a mobile phone and I'm not spending hundreds of dollars a year on one to download mods so I hope 2FA is still optional.

Page loaded in: 1.062 seconds