Using ck to give npc a weapon

SirDanest

Man, shouldn't it be as easy as drag and drop a plasma rifle into the inventory?!
I am pretty sure it worked that way in a previous game's creation kit.
But,... ugh! Do I actually have to make an entirely new leveled list, containing a single weapon, if I want to give an npc a specific weapon rather than drawing on a leveled list? Thats... crazily, necessarily complicated. Drag and drop would have worked fine. If this is true, ugh, no wonder people hate the f4 ck so much.
It looks like only the 10mm pistol can just so simply be given to the npc. Everything else looks like weapon leveled lists rather than individual weapons. I really, really hope I've missed something here.

Hi again, Sir Danest! I'm sorry that we meet again to find you so frustrated!

I honestly cannot say how the CK adds items to NPC's. I have used the CK as far as trying to make my way through it's menu system, got frustrated, and threw it out the proverbial window.

I use xedit, which is a lot simpler to use. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/

For adding items to NPC's with xEdit, it's literally a click, then a scroll through a drop down menu. Assuming that they have an item slot already, which most of them do.

Now, if it's an item from a mod, it's a bit more interesting. You have to make sure that the mod containing the weapon is also active in xEdit, and is listed above your own override esp/esl/esm in your game's load order.

Also, the drop down menus in xEdit, are ummmm..... dunno the term. You can open the drop down list, type something like g and it will jump to the items who's names start with "G".

Let me do a bit of work, and I'll post back with some screen shots.

[edit] ok, just re-read through your post. Are you for instance, making a single NPC, such as say.... Dogmeat, who only appears as one NPC? Or are you creating say.... a new group of gunners, who have more than one member? Like say, 5-100 of them?

If it's the former, then that's what I'm talking about. If you are talking about a group of NPC's, who could use multiple specific weapons, assigned at random by the game, then yes, you would need to create a leveled list, for their group. But that's only if you want the game to randomize their gear.

You would want to add their group's name to the existing level list though, for the game to spawn random items on them, for loot.

I'm sorry, after reading through again, I need to know if "NPC' is singular or plural, lol.

Edited by StormWolf01