A hacky way of making a sort-of modlist of your Vortex mods.

Quatrixx

Hey, I recently found a sort-of modlist making method and wanted to share with you. Don't know if it's been done before though.

Okay so first of all, disclaimer: this is going to reflect all your installed mods, including ones that are not currently enabled. If you only have a few disabled ones, you can probably delete them manually, but if you have a lot, then this isn't going to help you much. But, onto what I found out recently when trying to make a modlist:

1. Open your Mod Staging Folder from your Vortex "Mods" tab.

2. Open a command prompt or powershell in this location

(an easy way to do this is to go "File -> Open Windows Powershell" directly in the Windows Explorer)

(note: if you didn't open it right from the Mod Staging Folder, you'll need to navigate to it, your Powershell / cmd has to be in that same folder)

3. Run the dir command into a file

(type "dir > modlist.txt" then press enter, then you can close your Powershell / cmd)

4. Open your file and clean it up in Notepad++, or an equivalent editor of your choice

(your output file will be in the Mod Staging Folder as well)

(delete all lines that don't start with "d-----", as they aren't folders of mods, and then use Alt-Leftclick to boxselect everything before the mod folder names in each line and delete that too)

(note: some mods can spill into new lines, be careful not to trim their names too on accident)

(you can also search for disabled mods and delete those lines manually here)

5. Save the file and share it, or copy the text and share directly

So, there you have it. It's definitely not perfect, and should be a default feature of Vortex, but at least it's a workaround. Oh, and ask if you have any questions.

Edited by Quatrixx

I just wanted to quickly add something while reserving the first reply:

If you do not have ANY disabled mods then the workflow involves selecting three times and deleting three times. That's why I suggested Notepad++, because its' boxselect lets you select multiple lines all at once, and delete that selection all at once.

So your workflow is short and simple: select first couple lines, delete, last couple lines, delete, then hold Alt, select first half of all lines at once, delete.