Heavy Traffic ×

How do you know which faction an npc is part of via console commands?

BrianLyons314

What I do is, I go to GECK. I locate the editor ID JXVertibirdSoldierBase, the other Riflemen have JXVertibirdSoldierBase in their templates but the top one doesn't, I try to add said template via ActorBase but it doesn't show up for the Rifleman above the other Riflemen. When you go to ActorBase for the other Riflemen it shows but not for the one on top.

Yes I have but with another template that is not JXVertibirdSoldierBase and it solved the shoot enemies on site thing but ruined the way the soldiers behave when they're in wait mode. The thing is, I'm trying to add JXVertibirdSoldierBase to the Rifleman at the top of the Riflemen list but when I get to the J section of templates, JXVertibirdSoldierBase doesn't show up like it does for the other Riflemen.

The first NPC with the Name Rifleman is J3XVertibirdSoldierBase, which is used as a template for the other Rifleman NPCs. It sounds like you are trying to give that template record itself as a template, which you can't do.

The other Fifleman records do not use the factions from the template anyway, since they don't have the "Use Factions" checkbox checked. So, they have all been setup with the same factions.

The problem is that these NPCs aren't hostile to the NPCs of factions that you think they should be hostile with. I don't see why they wouldn't be hostile to each other being that the default relation between factions is usually set as enemy if not otherwise specified.

Their faction J3XVertibirdSoldierEnclave is only set to be an ally with a prisoner faction.

You can look at other factions to see how they are setup, like the VJackalsGangFaction, and then add the factions they should be hostile to.

An easy thing to do is to add them to the PlayerFaction, which should give them the same relations you have with the other factions.

I don't know much more than that.

Edited by GamerRick

I did set the faction relationships of the faction they're apart of to be the same as the player faction. The only thing I need to finally solve the problem is an ActorBase Template that is like JXVertibirdSoldierBase or similar to it. Then I'm going to share my patch with all the Enclave Commander Mod Marine Edition fans.

Well like GamerRick already said ... if the "Use Factions" flag is not checked , then it won't matter on that base form. My guess is there is something else using that base if it is an issue at render.

So I would suggest to paste that ID in the find text of the geck. Which is found from the header drop down menu .... "Edit / Find Text " Search out the users it has .