cantelemblaccurr.info

baloney8sammich

A few minutes ago I was redirected to hxxps://cantelemblaccurr.info/en/?search=%9Fm%ADQ%98%17%82%2B%1E%A5k%5D%F1%BA%A4%DC%AE%DC%D2%A2D%7B&list=200000

At least I think that was the initial redirection based on browser history. The page constantly redirected to different versions of itself with increasing numbers tacked to the end. Eventually the browser instance was using over 12G of RAM and had to be killed through task manager.

Edit to add more detail as per the pinned thread:

Untitled.png

Edited by baloney8sammich

There are several things wrong with that message, but none of them involve links on our site. :)

The first clue is that something dire has happened and you need to take action immediately. One of the dire things is that whatever it was might already have damaged your disks or the data on them. Secondly, the writer is not a native English speaker. They're quite fluent, but not perfect. For example, "There is possibility that virus already hurt..." The correct version would be, "There is [a] possibility that [the] virus [has] already hurt..." Thirdly, a large corporation like Microsoft is not going to tell users about a serious security threat via a random pop-up. At the very least, there would be stories from the mainstream news services.

There are several free anti-virus programs out there, and I suggest that you download and use a couple of them. A reliable source for such things is www.cnet.com, as their files are clean. Many free to try programs do have more advanced paid versions, but the basic functionality is really all you need.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Yes, the site is obviously a phishing attempt. The way the page gobbled up RAM was presumably intended to back up the claim of an intrusion. And bad English amuses me so I read the whole thing.

But Nexus is the only site from which I see forced redirects which is why I reported it.

FWIW Avast Free and MalwareBytes Free found no issues.

There are several things wrong with that message, but none of them involve links on our site. :smile:

The first clue is that something dire has happened and you need to take action immediately. One of the dire things is that whatever it was might already have damaged your disks or the data on them. Secondly, the writer is not a native English speaker. They're quite fluent, but not perfect. For example, "There is possibility that virus already hurt..." The correct version would be, "There is [a] possibility that [the] virus [has] already hurt..." Thirdly, a large corporation like Microsoft is not going to tell users about a serious security threat via a random pop-up. At the very least, there would be stories from the mainstream news services.

There are several free anti-virus programs out there, and I suggest that you download and use a couple of them. A reliable source for such things is www.cnet.com, as their files are clean. Many free to try programs do have more advanced paid versions, but the basic functionality is really all you need.

He's saying Nexus redirected him to that page—which is obviously a trick site, there's no debating that—and that's why he's posting it in the Feedback section to let you guys know.

Also, this thread discussing being redirected from the Nexus site to other phishing sites should also be taken into consideration when diagnosing this issue.