I was bored so i back ported another mod - Visions

northener69

There are so many mods out there that are left forgotten as NMS moves on, which is a shame. I'm not a huge fan of Beyond as it's focus on VR which although i have (Oculus Rift) i've never been tempted to use. Plus i dislike the powered cables and the powered side of it, it's become ugly. My Beyond base is ruined by all the cables and power generators etc. Where's the wireless technology? :mad:

So anyway, i trawl the NMS mod sites for old mods and here's another mod added to the obsolete Visions that i play. No doubt when Beyond has been left behind and HG as either moved on and dropped it i will no doubt mod the sh!!t out of it. Until then i will bore you with my Visions modding, beside without me boring you to death there'd be fvck all to read on this NMS part of the forum.

Credits to Rockydo for this mod as it spices up my ever evolving Visions 1.77 experience.

Taken from Rockydo's post: https://nomansskymods.com/mods/trade-and-economy-mod-next/

So Hello Games added a new trading system in 1.3 which is very cool but unfortunately only limited to specific 35 trade goods. In 1.5 for some reason they removed trade goods entirely from the space stations and other sales places so I added them back in.

I decided to make every product and substance in the game also be affected by this new trade system.

Basically, every item in the game now belongs to a certain class of items (Advanced material, scientific component, mineral, tech component, trade commodity or manufactured item) which corresponds to the 7 new types of economic systems added in the game. This means that each item in the game will have one type of system where it can be bought for much cheaper and one type of system where it can be sold for a lot more, enabling a lot more interesting trading.

I've also made items be even cheaper in systems where they are produced and more expensive in systems where they are needed to increase potential trading profits, this may be a little overpowered in the late game, I will probably add a more balanced version later for those who want to keep it realistic.

I've tried to give each item a realistic class although it wasn't always easy, here are a few examples :

• A Neutrino Module is a Tech Component which means it will sell for cheap in Tech systems and sell for a lot in Fuel Generation systems.
  • A Gek Charm is a Trade Commodity which means it will sell for cheap in Trading systems and sell for a lot in Advanced Material systems.
  • Ferrite Dust/Pure Ferite/Copper are Minerals which means they will sell for cheap in Ore Extraction systems and sell for a lot in Ore Processing systems.
  • Alloys of all kind (Aronium/Lemmium/Dirty Bronze, etc) are Advanced Materials which means they will sell for cheap in Advanced Material systems and sell for a lot in Scientific Systems.

Most of these are logical however they may be some inconsistencies so please report any item which feels out of place and should belong in another class.

If you want to learn more about each type of economic system and potential trade loops, check this page out : https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Economy

I've also added a few more smaller changes to go along with the trade overhaul:

• Stations and ships sell more items and a wider variety (a lot of items which were not allowed to be sold in the base game now are).
  • The loss of value you get when selling many items has been reduced (not entirely removed)
  • Some items such as the more rare exotic elements (frost crystals, solanium, rubeum, viridium) have seen their base price significantly increased to better reflect their rarity

I've tried to keep things reasonably balanced however there will probably be exploits and this definitely makes money making easier.

Please report any bugs you find and anything you want changed.

The mod is currently compatible with 1.5 NEXT update. (And now Visions 1.77 :happy: northener69)

Just and idea of the price fluctuations, two screenshots don't do it justice. :cool:

No-Man-s-Sky-15-11-2019-10-28-34.jpg

No-Man-s-Sky-15-11-2019-13-15-44.jpg
Oops, the number two in the screenshot should be on Sodium not the Sodium Nitrate. Hopefully you worked it out yourself!
Credits to monkeyman192 who without his mbincompiler we wouldn't have any mods at all.
A link to hosting site I thought I should leave in. Fairs fair as they say.
Edited by northener69

Hey bro - was just passing thru looking for unwanted jars filled with cookies and now im curious - how is this different to the other trade mods ? Infact im now wondering if the other trade mods work with beyond 2.16 ( may need to do some intel on that ) . It may be a nice project for me to add to my list for updating if possible to beyond 2.16 - with permission granted if possible .

Btw ive released my 2nd mod - if either of the 2 mods can be of use in visions let me know if not already been done by others , the latest mod i have a lua script i can send if needed .

Hey bro - was just passing thru looking for unwanted jars filled with cookies and now im curious - how is this different to the other trade mods ? Infact im now wondering if the other trade mods work with beyond 2.16 ( may need to do some intel on that ) . It may be a nice project for me to add to my list for updating if possible to beyond 2.16 - with permission granted if possible .

Btw ive released my 2nd mod - if either of the 2 mods can be of use in visions let me know if not already been done by others , the latest mod i have a lua script i can send if needed .

Hi Spiritz

Compared to other trading mods i couldn't tell you i only used gas trader prior to this, but searching the old mods and reading the above i liked the sound of it so ported it. But the prices vary depending on the type of item and type of system's needs (it's all explained above) and boy do they sometimes fluctuate, makes it more interesting and there's money to be made and lost unless you travel for it. And you don't need my permission i'm not the original mod maker but there wasn't any info that i could find about porting and re releasing plus its a couple of years old now, almost. And i don't worry about such things as it's for personal use anyway. :cool:

Had a quick look at your release and well done, i too have tweaks galore and so many merged mods i've lost count. I had RaYRoDs Dynamic Space merged and edited a little with other mods and personal tweaks but i told RaYRoD i ported it to Visions and wouldn't release it, he was fine with that.

As you see in my posts i've done a few things like removing the landing pad animations (JJhookah the wise man of NMS is a great help) but it's mainly for the fun of it and i only released one mod via Lo2k which was leave my pads alone. Beyond frustrates me because they update, fix and break things at the same time so i edit Visions and what's learned i will no doubt do to Beyond when it settles. :ermm:

Anyway bro i'm rambling on and on, so catch you later and good luck with future mod releases. Unlike me i'm a selfish hoarder! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The link to the above mod is in the above post. :happy:

Edited by northener69

Ty - 2 mods released so far and ive permission to attempt ( should say work but im a newbie at modding so attempt is more fitting lol ) an update of the galactic trade stocked for next mod - going to take it Beyond lol .

If Beyond ever settles and you decide to come aboard - maybe we should team up for a few projects :)

Bleh - this should make you laugh bro

Working on that update of the galactic trade stocked for next mod ( for beyond ) and it seems that what was lacking in Next which the mod added - was actually added into the Beyond release making the mod obselete . Compared the mod to 2.16 files and had a shock lol . I think im going to look at making a new trade mod with the idea of adding more items or something - had a good look at the code regarding the shops and forming a few ideas , may even attempt to do the mod you updated as it uses the same defaultreality file so i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do 2 diff trade mods .

Ty - 2 mods released so far and ive permission to attempt ( should say work but im a newbie at modding so attempt is more fitting lol ) an update of the galactic trade stocked for next mod - going to take it Beyond lol .

If Beyond ever settles and you decide to come aboard - maybe we should team up for a few projects :smile:

Anything i've done on Visions like the removal of the pad animations which i absolutely hated with a passion those flower type animated pieces of sh!!t that ships sink into and ships facing outwards which i really like i'm happy to send to you, to release, personal use or look how it was done i don't care. I hate in beyond that the pilots get out of their ships and walk through the animated pads up to their knees. Removing them they're now walking on the pads properly. I think JJhookah sent me Beyond versions of my Visions version as he's helped me out with many things. He's a top bloke and has always been there when i was stuck, he has enjoyed making me look for stuff especially when it was right in front of me. Sometimes he made me feel like a fly with it's wings pulled off by a small child then asking it to fly away. I wrote that in case he reads this post, i want him to feel my pain and suffering. He won't shed a tear. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you need a mentor he's the guy, he'll probably get fed up now with millions of people bombarding him with questions, i'll find it amusing. Now i just need to find millions of people playing NMS, that's a tough one. :ermm:

HG probably pinched the ideas of several mods, i wouldn't be surprised if they trawl the mod sites and see whats popular and implement it into the game. I've also uninstalled my steam version of NMS as it's just bug ridden and unfinished, i have my GOG version which i use for some editing but i hope their next update that they're keeping secret is a lot of fixes and not another surprise addition with more bugs. If not for all the modders this game would suck balls! :happy:

Bro - can i ask a big fav .

Can you paste me the section of code you edited for space station trade in defaultreality - just the space station - the parts im after have the substance/product ids(names) for available and optional -

<Property name="SpaceStation" value="GcTradeData.xml">
<Property name="AlwaysPresentProducts">
<Property value="NMSString0x10.xml">
<Property name="Value" value="CASING" />
</Property>
that sort of thing . Im going to do a new galactic trade mod and im going to have to sift thru substance and product tables for all the id names ( value in defaultreality ) and im hoping that yours will shorten the amount of work i`ll need to do . Im guessing between versions theres new items added but i`ll have at least a headstart . Plus after all this i should be able to keep a record of all the item ids for future reference .

Bro - can i ask a big fav .

Can you paste me the section of code you edited for space station trade in defaultreality - just the space station - the parts im after have the substance/product ids(names) for available and optional -

<Property name="SpaceStation" value="GcTradeData.xml">
<Property name="AlwaysPresentProducts">
<Property value="NMSString0x10.xml">
<Property name="Value" value="CASING" />
</Property>
that sort of thing . Im going to do a new galactic trade mod and im going to have to sift thru substance and product tables for all the id names ( value in defaultreality ) and im hoping that yours will shorten the amount of work i`ll need to do . Im guessing between versions theres new items added but i`ll have at least a headstart . Plus after all this i should be able to keep a record of all the item ids for future reference .

Hi Spiritz

That section above is identical pretty much between 2.16 and Visions 1.77 but it is below that section where the differences begin in the trade edit.

Where it differs for example, below is from Visions 1.77 Line 13630

<Property name="MinItemsForSale" value="28" />
<Property name="MaxItemsForSale" value="48" />
<Property name="PercentageOfItemsAreProducts" value="0.65" />
<Property name="BuyPriceIncreaseRedThreshold" value="5" />
<Property name="BuyPriceDecreaseGreenThreshold" value="-5" />
<Property name="SellPriceIncreaseGreenThreshold" value="5" />
<Property name="SellPriceDecreaseRedThreshold" value="-5" />
<Property name="MinAmountOfProductAvailable">
<Property value="20" />
<Property value="50" />
<Property value="150" />
</Property>
<Property name="MaxAmountOfProductAvailable">
<Property value="50" />
<Property value="100" />
<Property value="280" />
</Property>
<Property name="MinAmountOfSubstanceAvailable">
<Property value="450" />
<Property value="2250" />
<Property value="5000" />
</Property>
<Property name="MaxAmountOfSubstanceAvailable">
<Property value="1500" />
<Property value="3500" />
<Property value="6500" />
</Property>
<Property name="MinExtraSystemProducts">
<Property value="2" />
<Property value="6" />
<Property value="10" />
And below is Beyond unedited Line 4897
<Property name="MinItemsForSale" value="15" />
<Property name="MaxItemsForSale" value="18" />
<Property name="PercentageOfItemsAreProducts" value="0.5" />
<Property name="BuyPriceIncreaseRedThreshold" value="10" />
<Property name="BuyPriceDecreaseGreenThreshold" value="-5" />
<Property name="SellPriceIncreaseGreenThreshold" value="5" />
<Property name="SellPriceDecreaseRedThreshold" value="-10" />
<Property name="MinAmountOfProductAvailable">
<Property value="10" />
<Property value="40" />
<Property value="80" />
</Property>
<Property name="MaxAmountOfProductAvailable">
<Property value="40" />
<Property value="80" />
<Property value="180" />
</Property>
<Property name="MinAmountOfSubstanceAvailable">
<Property value="250" />
<Property value="1250" />
<Property value="3000" />
</Property>
<Property name="MaxAmountOfSubstanceAvailable">
<Property value="1000" />
<Property value="2500" />
<Property value="5000" />
</Property>
<Property name="MinExtraSystemProducts">
<Property value="1" />
<Property value="3" />
<Property value="5" />
As you can gather from the line numbers Visions has a lot more lines of code as opposed to Beyond. I could copy those value differences to the Beyond file if you'd like and you can tweak it as you see fit.
Regards,
northener69 :happy:
EDIT: Here's a quick modded defaultreality from 2.16 with edits from my 1.77 version. Use a file compare site or program to see what's been edited. There were a few lines not in 1.77 that are in 2.16 that i added in for you. I could just make this for Beyond but i'm getting lazy. :laugh: :happy:
Edited by northener69

Sorry - ive been a bit unwell last few days and especially last night was a real bad night - the bits i was after are <Property name="Value" value="CASING" /> which gives the id for each product / substance . Its my fault for not being too clear lol . That file will help big time . Ive managed to get the substances id - i just have the damn products to grab each id for and i forgot that theres a lot of them .

The differences in size i can easily explain - where visions and i believe next tended to have certain data say section dealing with substance ids - beyond moved those sections into their own exml files and the file gets referenced instead . Its just the programmers tidying things up . Out of interest bro - do you know if there was any new substances/products added in after visions/next/beyond - im tempted to try and keep a record system so i can keep track of stuff .

Again a big thanks for the help and dont say you`re getting lazy - im enjoying having to work and learning same time ( specially with being ill atm ) - if its handed to you on a silver platter you will not learn .

Hi Spiritz

I thought i'd lift your spiritz by wishing you well as in hope you get well soon mate. Anyway i've zipped the defaultreality from Visions if that helps as i'm having a break today and installing Linux POP OS 19.10 as i'm going to see if Linux is a viable gaming option over Windows. I'm getting fed up with this over bloated turd that is Windows 10.

As for the Silver platter i know that feeling because my zen master is JJhookah and boy did he make me look for things and he certainly showed me the easier ways of doing things when i had similar results but doing it the hard way. I did a mod that edited 8+ files and he did the same thing for me editing only 2. Same result in the end but his was much simpler. I gave myself more credit because i did it the hard way. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway get well mate, happy editing. :happy:

http://www.filedropper.com/defaultrealityvisions

Edited by northener69