How do I create a targeted mod to extend the base boundary without affecting anything else?

NiftyPower

I'm thinking about creating some No Man's Sky mods, but I don't know how to affect specific parts without affecting others, nor how to update mods to compensate for game updates. The current example is extending the base boundary value, but I don't know how create or update mods, much less targeted mods.

There are tools for this, but it seems that they need to be updated with the game, and it seems that they haven't been. Therefore, it would be useful to have more generally applicable, rather than specific instructions that would become obsolete. This might be available elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. If you have, please paste a link to those locations below.

TBH - im new to all this modding malarky but i can suggest the following

notepad++ free text editor which is easy to use - good for looking at files etc

NMS-MCDAMM https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/565 This may seem tricky to use at first and setup but if you follow the instructions to setup its easy - i use it to compare files as it has a nice compare part which will highlight any code differences between 2 files - best read its description on its page

AMUMSS https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/957 this is a needed program in my books - its abilities makes mod making 1000x easier even if a newbie like me - plus it can use lua scripts to make the changes for you - also comes with many example scripts which still work to learn from

Those 3 I use and i have now released my 2nd mod - 2 mods within 1 week being a newbie cant be too bad .

*** winmerge is a program someone put me on to - its a file compare program and easier to use than NMS MCDAMM ( still a good program but more for someone with better modding exp than a newbie )

Edited by Spiritz666