(Mod Request/update) Extend the base boundary limits

Groovaholic

Hi just wondering if anyone could update this mod?, it's so that we can extend the build radius of the base computer, after one of the updates Hello Games has put a hard limited on this now so even using the old method of building out from your base computer doesn't work no more, I can build up too 995u away and this seems to be the max.

Its a shame Hello Games decided to implant this limit in one of the updates as not everyone whats to build where they wish us to build fingers crossed this can be still done.

The original mod of this by Gohirro https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1226?tab=description ,

Unfortunately he has said that he has not had the time to redo anything for this mod but if anyone else is willing to take it over/update it he would greatly appreciate it.

Hi mate

Someone has already done it https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1226

I'm also sure there's others similar to that but that's what i found without doing a proper search. Hope that helps.

Regards,

northener69

Oops just noticed i posted the same link, if i have time tonight after work i'll have a look at it. No promises as i can't be bothered with Beyond! :happy:

Plus i hate having to decompile every friggin day/week. :mad:

Edited by northener69

Just had a quick look and can see the difference for example on the 10x base distance. This was comparing against default 2.16 release as i ain't fvcking about with experimental's. :happy:

<Property name="MinRadiusForBases" value="300" />
<Property name="BaseRadiusExtension" value="50" />
<Property name="MaxRadiusForBases" value="1000" />
DEFAULT x10
<Property name="MinRadiusForBases" value="3000" />
<Property name="BaseRadiusExtension" value="500" />
<Property name="MaxRadiusForBases" value="10000" />

Win-Merge-GCBUILDINGGLOBALS-GLOBAL-EXML-

Edited by northener69

I know that this one has come up before, but I've never seen a satisfactory answer to, or implementation of, a decent compass in NMS. Those that have been supplied have been utterly useless and now, in Beyond, we're back to none at all!

I've lost count of the times that I've tried to back-track to friendly trading store, or gone round and round in under-water circles until I've just given up. A decent compass rose with at least sixteen points would solve these problems... and to forestall those who say 'but we don't know where North is': it doesn't matter; what I want is relative bearings that'll give me a fair chance to find the thing I'm looking for instead of criss-crossing a planet in a hopeless (or just plain damned lucky) search.

So could some kind modder out there please, please provide a decent compass?

Edited by poprune

Regarding the base building limits - are you wanting to extend the range or have the range removed ?

I can probably do a mod to extend the range or one to remove the range - different file edit for both . There could be a possible problem but i wont know until i try which is some of the 2.16 files are unable to be de-compiled with mbindecompiler ( coremissiontable.mbin i know for a fact at this time is one - there was a few others but i didnt pay attention at the time as i was after a specific file ) . Let me know which you are after and i`ll have a try in a day or 2 as im currently working on a project to update a mod of someone elses ( i have permission ) .

northerner69 - cmon bro we know you love to mess with experimentals XD ... just kidding bro lol

northerner69 - cmon bro we know you love to mess with experimentals XD ... just kidding bro lol

Yeah if they weren't released so frequently i would consider it but jeez. I mod Visions so much because it's left in peace. :laugh:

Also even files that decompile as in my screenshot above are left with so many unknowns, another reason i enjoy editing Visions so much. :happy:

Groovaholic didn't specify exactly what he wanted so i've moved on, bored of waiting.

So could some kind modder out there please, please provide a decent compass?

Isn't there a compass on Beyond? It's been a while since i played it so can't remember. And i'm sure someone made a compass mod early in Beyond's release cycle because i'm sure i downloaded it. :ermm: :confused:

Im very new to modding and i see trying to do updates etc as a gd way to learn things and i know what you mean with the unknowns , from reading bits and bobs from the github page for MBINcompiler i think the unknowns are via that . Its new code that the creator has yet to setup/discover as ive read quite a few tables had new code added into them which wasnt there before . Also sort of explains why a few tables cant be decompiled at the moment which is really annoying me lol .One thing i do need to learn is the lua scripts as that should be able to make updating mods a lot easier tho its always a good thing to check whats been changed in an update as well . Luckily i had an old backup of beyond on another harddrive which does help in spotting changes.

northener69 - im going to try and release more mods as time goes by and attempt to keep track of my changes along with lua script if possible - if theres any that are possibly compatible with visions ( i started playing when beyond was released so i dont know what was around for visions ) let me know and i can pass you either notes on changes or lua script so you can reverse engineer for visions .

Btw im trying to recall on what topic we`ve spoken to each other on before

Im very new to modding and i see trying to do updates etc as a gd way to learn things and i know what you mean with the unknowns , from reading bits and bobs from the github page for MBINcompiler i think the unknowns are via that . Its new code that the creator has yet to setup/discover as ive read quite a few tables had new code added into them which wasnt there before . Also sort of explains why a few tables cant be decompiled at the moment which is really annoying me lol .One thing i do need to learn is the lua scripts as that should be able to make updating mods a lot easier tho its always a good thing to check whats been changed in an update as well . Luckily i had an old backup of beyond on another harddrive which does help in spotting changes.

northener69 - im going to try and release more mods as time goes by and attempt to keep track of my changes along with lua script if possible - if theres any that are possibly compatible with visions ( i started playing when beyond was released so i dont know what was around for visions ) let me know and i can pass you either notes on changes or lua script so you can reverse engineer for visions .

Btw im trying to recall on what topic we`ve spoken to each other on before

Yeah the unknowns aren't decrypted by mbin but no doubt the amazing monkeyman will get there in the end. You can see in my screenshot HG has changed some settings below the base radius in the unknown section but we don't know what they are if you compare the left to the right. The mystery awaits. :laugh:

Most of the unknown entries are visible in Visions but there's still newer code in Beyond but it can give an idea what is hidden. Sometimes Visions will show whats not decrypted in Beyond another reason i like editing Visions, it's all there to see and edit. :cool:

And regarding the Visions reverse engineering that's very kind of you young man, or old man hehe. I'm 50 so i'm not young, i'm not old either. Now i'm confused, am i young or old... :ermm: :confused:

Most of what i've learned in Visions at some point will make it's way to Beyond but i just hate the constant updates, the constant decompiles and rechecking your mods, edits etc. I have so much respect for the likes of Lo2k, JJhoohak, Exosolar, RaYRoD and many more who have made mods or are starting out. It's not easy sifting through the files and some of the work put in when i open their mods is astounding. They deserve a lot of credit.

Anyway the above mod is simple enough as i've already pointed out where it is and what needs editing so feel free to make it for Groovaholic. I've done it for Visions already hehe, oooh so selfish. :devil:

I don't know what distance Groovaholic wants as there were 5 variations i think in the original zip file. :happy:

And good luck with the modding Spiritz666 i see you released your first one on the Nexus mod site. :cool:

Oh and regarding chatting before i remember chatting but can't remember either, my brain gets kinda fuzzy. :ohmy:

Regards,

northener69 :happy:

Edited by northener69

Wow guys all I can say is thank you both for having a look I always knew the modding scene was very helpful but didn't relies it was THIS helpful and my hat goes out to both of you for just having a look.

As for what distance I and anyone else I'm sure would be grateful for anything that you can come up with.

Once again thanks for taking time on this and I for one will be checking back to see whats new.

Cheers guys

Wow guys all I can say is thank you both for having a look I always knew the modding scene was very helpful but didn't relies it was THIS helpful and my hat goes out to both of you for just having a look.

As for what distance I and anyone else I'm sure would be grateful for anything that you can come up with.

Once again thanks for taking time on this and I for one will be checking back to see whats new.

Cheers guys

Try this, it's untested as i've only quickly mashed it up as i'm about to chill watching Netflix. :cool:

**LINK REMOVED** Any problems let me know and if i have time i'll sort it but it should be fine as i made the same for Visions 1.77 and it works okay. :dry:

Oh and the cost for doing it is a smile. :laugh:

Edited by northener69