(Mod Request/update) Extend the base boundary limits

Groovaholic

i`ll check that out northener69 ty , i did do a test lua yesterday using a 20x distance and i hit the same issue others have - i hit the 300u and wham it stops .

No doubt you'll get the same issue with mine then. Trouble with HG is they break more than they fix which is why as i keep saying i stick with Visions. Visions just works and i can edit it without HG fvcking it up with updates. I don't care for MP as i love the solo aspect of the game, no fvcking humans. :laugh:

Beyond is gathering dust on my Steam account and i don't particularly care about it. I've sent so many bug reports to Zendesk with screenshots and they go unnoticed and far from fixed. :mad:

So sad for me to say, that is i don't care if it doesn't work because Beyond is currently broken anyway. When HG leave Beyond alone and fvcks off doing something else then i'll mod the sh!!t out of it as i am with Visions. :dry:

Regards,

northener69. (Slightly piissed off with HG) :ermm: :ohmy:

Edited by northener69

Hi, yeah sorry to say it hasn't changed nothing still getting the same as before, thank you for having a go :smile: :smile:

There are settings below that have changed since the recent 2.16 and the mod makers Oct release as seen in the comparison shot but you don't know what they are unfortunately. Side by side with Visions you can see what some of them are but you can't use them unfortunately because they don't all line up with Beyonds 2.16 file. :ohmy:

It works fine in Visions which i know you don't want to hear, we just need to hope that the wizardry of monkeyman comes to fruition in the near future. Without him we'd have no mods at all, or if HG made a modding tool like many developers have in the past we could make mods properly.

Sorry it doesn't work, they've either broke it or there's another link somewhere. :ermm:

No worries man thanks for your efforts at trying :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , I guess its something to do with the now featured bases that we can now visit in Beyond.

The strange thing is my 1st base that i built when Beyond first came out and extended it to about 2000u still works? and im still getting power from the generators.

Edited by Groovaholic

Im an old stubborn dog who refuses to give up - will keep on working on this so dont despair . There must be a way as i suspect it may be found in other files . I have a few ideas to try .

Luckily i do have a 2.12 version backed up on another harddrive so i can do a comparison of original files at least.

Does anyone use the creative mode - if so does it have a limit on range also ?

Saves me having to jump in and out of game as i think i read there is a slight difference between the modes in what can and cant be done .

Infact .. is there any differences between all the modes regarding building distances and if so does anyone know the ranges - if there is differences and i know the ranges for each it may help in tracking down what needs editing.

northener69 - i dont suppose you know what merging actually does ? ive seen it mentioned a few times in places but i cant seem to find an explanation . I get a feeling im going to be looking at you as a type of mentor - sorry lol

Edited by Spiritz666

Hi ok I've just tried the creative mode (for the first time) and it seems to be the same as the other modes:

Claimed the base walked to 301u (outside of editing area) still can say place a large dome but can't place a door or snap any walkways to it ( which you can when with-in editing area) hope this may help.

Im just downloading an older version from the NMS steam depot / manifeists October 10, 2019 https://steamdb.info/depot/275851/history/?changeid=M:1082855998657940243 and to use the original file that Gohirro uploaded just to test, the main reason is because my first base that i built when Beyond was first released and I extended to about 900u is still working ( as in im still getting power from the electromagnetic generators )

Just to summarize

D/L old version NMS / add Gohirro's original mod x20 / run & test / save game / install newest version / test to see if anything is working.

Not sure if this will help in anyway want so ever, but if I can run power to my base first from over 1000u update game files and it still works than that will do for now.

Ok a quick update from my last post installed version from the October 10, 2019 / ManifestID 3784516627576080350 + Gohirro's x20 and that is working great and the distance from my base to where I am says: 5.45 (minutes) which im only guessing is between 1500u - 2000u .

I'm just going to connect a wire power everything up and check with this version and the newest one to see if power is still working.

Will let you know how it goes later. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D :D