ShadowOfNV

Recently I've noticed my memory slowly creeping up to 94%, sometimes higher. This usually causes longer, or infinite, loading screens or even a CTD. I'm not sure what mod is, but something is clearly causing a memory leak. I was hoping someone here might spot the mod causing it: https://pastebin.com/ewA86rS3

Here is my specs: qLKQPCl.jpg

Edited by ShadowOfNV

How do you know it's a mod causing memory leaks? If it really is a mod, I'd expect to see memory usage fall back to normal after exiting Skyrim (note that Skyrim*.exe manages memory, not indivdual mods). If usage does not drop after exiting the game, then that could indicate Skyrim itself has a memory leak, but that's not something I've ever seen reported.

Reboot your computer, wait 10-15 minutes, open Task Manager, go to the Performance tab and select Memory. This will give you a baseline for comparison. With Task Manager still running, start up Skyrim. This will let you see how much memory the game is using. It'll vary as you play the game, that's normal. Now close the game and compare memory usage to what it was after your reboot. It will probably be slightly higher. That's normal. To test for a leak, repeatedly restart and close out of Skyrim while monitoring memory usage. A true memory leak will show itself as memory usage ratcheting upward each time and never returning to the baseline until you reboot.

How do you know it's a mod causing memory leaks? If it really is a mod, I'd expect to see memory usage fall back to normal after exiting Skyrim (note that Skyrim*.exe manages memory, not indivdual mods). If usage does not drop after exiting the game, then that could indicate Skyrim itself has a memory leak, but that's not something I've ever seen reported.

Reboot your computer, wait 10-15 minutes, open Task Manager, go to the Performance tab and select Memory. This will give you a baseline for comparison. With Task Manager still running, start up Skyrim. This will let you see how much memory the game is using. It'll vary as you play the game, that's normal. Now close the game and compare memory usage to what it was after your reboot. It will probably be slightly higher. That's normal. To test for a leak, repeatedly restart and close out of Skyrim while monitoring memory usage. A true memory leak will show itself as memory usage ratcheting upward each time and never returning to the baseline until you reboot.

It has to be a memory leak cause once I exit, or crash, from SE the memory usage drops down to 20-30%. I've done the computer rebooting and memory usage sits at 20-30%, depending on what I have running in the background. Once I start up SE it slowly creeps up to 94% or higher.

Yup, sounds like a memory leak alright. I, too, have 16 GB of RAM, and have never seen memory usage go that high.

I'd still suggest monitoring memory usage via Task Manager while playing. I know, that's not easy to do unless you have more than one screen. But if it is a mod that's eating memory, that's how you'll identify it. My guess is it will probably turn out to be a texture mod - got anything that adds, say, trees?