Dismemberment Mod

Dalexa26

Hoping for this myself, but it's looking like to get anything more than texture mods (so mostly just different color lightsabers and robes and such) someone is gonna need to go through the effort of an unofficial SDK for the game. As usual with an EA game there aren't modding tools and this is going to require access to the mesh and skeletons of the models, plus the animations will likely have to be hand made unless somehow there is easily repurposed code from the other dismemberment in game once you have access to take apart the human models. It's a big game, so someone will probably be dedicated enough to go for it, but it could end up like Arkham Knight where even mesh swaps require special programs to install and there's nothing more advanced than that.

I know I'll certainly be a lot more interested in this game and definitely want the PC version if someone cracks that though. It's not like they couldn't have done it and kept the T rating either, look at Force Unleashed 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping for this myself, but it's looking like to get anything more than texture mods (so mostly just different color lightsabers and robes and such) someone is gonna need to go through the effort of an unofficial SDK for the game. As usual with an EA game there aren't modding tools and this is going to require access to the mesh and skeletons of the models, plus the animations will likely have to be hand made unless somehow there is easily repurposed code from the other dismemberment in game once you have access to take apart the human models. It's a big game, so someone will probably be dedicated enough to go for it, but it could end up like Arkham Knight where even mesh swaps require special programs to install and there's nothing more advanced than that.

I know I'll certainly be a lot more interested in this game and definitely want the PC version if someone cracks that though. It's not like they couldn't have done it and kept the T rating either, look at Force Unleashed 2.

I was hoping someone would find code within the game that enabled Stormtrooper dismemberment, like how the Mass Effect PC ports had gamepad support buried in the code. Lightsabers cauterize wounds anyways, there's no blood and the movies have shown multiple people get cut in half. Is it a Disney thing or an ESRB thing keeping them from letting us dice up some Clones?