MOD REQUEST: Rework of the bounty/law system

99olo

Hello, everyone who has the audacity to come here and read my overly-emotional rant. Let me assure you, I've had at least 50 hours of game-time (and very little actual mission playing) to come to this conclusion: The law enforcement personnel in this particular place, are some kind of ESP-having gods. Nothing you can do, will stop them from somehow, 80 miles away, teleporting to whatever train you're robbing, somehow knowing it's being robbed, and then instantly recognizing a masked face that they've never even seen.

That's right, there's no escape from the long, superhuman arm of the law. I'm sure you all know what I, a poor southern outlaw, am referring to: The system is flawed. If I could convince someone to take up the overtly difficult task, of nerfing these gods that be, which stop me from having a good, train-exploding time, I'd drop to my knees and orally pleasure them, hypothetically speaking.

If someone out there is listening to the pleas of a nobody, please heed this: The mask should stop bounties, the law shouldn't appear to save people who have no way of telling the law, and the law shouldn't be appearing en mass to an area where there isn't a town for 20 minutes if you so happen to kill an officer or two. If you find yourself in a firefight, and no officers escape, well, there shouldn't be a bounty, either, as dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales would also be a bitchin' name for the mod, but I can't tell you what to do.

In short, less policing; no cops showing up out of the blue if you murderize some poor souls, no bounties on a masked man, and no law spawns en masse when you kill a couple of their men. Thanks, babes. I'll go back to my actual job now.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately we will need the guys at OpenIV to finally release OpenIV for RDR2, which they are working on to my understanding. Thats the reason why GTA:V has realistic police chases mods that work REALLY WELL! That should resolve most of it.

A few suggestions however, the games algorithm for detecting a masked player has to do with SEVERAL factors. Its already been shown that changing your outfit and hair will reduce the reaction response and ability to identify Arthur as the culprit. This is of course only in reference to civilians, if a police officer sees you, no matter how much your outfit is changed, or your hair is changed, or what ever, they will ALWAYS know its you. Its BS, but thats how they decided to write it for "difficulty sake" Honestly, they should have just made it realistic.. Because it is SOOO freaken stupid how fast crimes get reported in the middle of no where, and you can be MILES away from the nearest town, and yet you will see the fastest police response in U.S. history occur everytime you accidentally punch a random fisherman in the face. A week ago or so I shot up Saint Denis and was trying to stay hidden on the docks. The Police couldn't find me, but they were STILL searching because I was technically in the bubble of their activity, and until I left it, they wouldn't stop searching. The stupid part was, they ketp spawning on the docks just parallel to the one I was on! It was like ships were coming in and dropping off dozzens of cops every 30 seconds. It KILLED any sense of realism or immersion, and shattered my suspension of disbelief. So while I do indeed SECOND the hell out of this mod suggestion, we will need to probably wait until OpenIV is released for RDR2. Lets hope its soon :(!