Additional scrap cars! - Decorative

EdgeUK90

This mod is a work in progress.

Grab the Beta release here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42723/

Ever tired of seeing those same 5 or 6 vehicles everywhere in the commonwealth?

This mod I am creating will add a small number of completely NEW creation's of motor vehicle to add into the vanilla scenery!

This mod will also be making a few small scenic changes & includes a Largely modified replacement 'Corvega' Dealership situated next to Fallons in Boston.

Here are the vehicles currently I have created for this mod:

Fo4-Lesabrepre-16.jpgFo4-Corvegadealer-6.jpg

The Corvega Cutlass, This vehicle was new to the market in 2077 (The first sales hit the dealerships in 06/77)missing its initial debut only amplified customer anticipation & increased the demand so much they can be found most places in the commonwealth.

Fo4-Highwaymanpre-3.jpgFo4-Highwaymanpost-12.jpg

ASCPrev-4.jpg ASCPrev-5.jpg

The Chryslus Highwayman (The main base car for Fallout 2's Protagonist), This model was a well known stable & reliable 'Electric' Powered vehicle - making it cheaper to produce and more suitable as a family car. Because of this vehicle's electrical powered nature, some owners have managed to get them powered up and even functional! like the example found in the Wasteland of Fallout 2 - It is even rumoured that this particular example has made its way to the Wasteland of the Commonwealth! its occupants however are nowhere to be seen.

FXAtmos-24.jpg fo4-Barracudapre-8.jpg

The Fusion Barracuda - A step out of the ordinary for the Fusion brand to compete with their main rival & model the Chryslus Cherrybomb. The public admired the vehicle but not the price tag (Although being cheaper than the Cherrybomb was in the original design plans - construction costs changed this) and therefore sales where tricky in comparison to its main competitor, however that being said Fusion pulled off the 3 person crrying capacity which ended up being one of the main selling points.

Fo4-Gran-Destino-2.jpgFo4-Gran-Destino-10.jpg

The Chryslus Gran Destino - The stable & slightly smaller workers pick-up truck than the infamous Pick-r-up model.

Because the Gran Destino is crucially based off of a family vehicle from their line-up its main drawback was a slightly smaller load area but with an increased passenger limit.

Now I have spent nearly 10 years away from modelling, So I apologise that the model quality is not up there with professional standards currently - but atleast im doing it!

This is a mod is a learning curve for me as it is my first.

I will post updates in this thread as this mod progresses / New additions come along.

-Edge.

Edited by EdgeUK90

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still confused as to how bethesda didn't implement cars in this game, there are planes, there are boats, there are blimps... people of the commonwealth just didn't stand cars anymore, they literally tuned the page on cars once and for all after the nukes! something tells me the car industry has something to do with the wars leading to the present :/ heck even raiders and other gunners didn't give a s#*! about cars laying around the wasteland they didn't even try to do some mods on the cars so that they can play around with them, cars are the only think that only plays noise in the background of the games lore... all it takes is just some physics goddamn it bethesda! sorry guys for ruining the mood of the topic but I don't mind any car or vehicle mods or creations, its just these small things that bethesda misses and poops on the whole game and makes people wonder why this game sucks...

I can understand the confusion, unfortunately pheasable driving just isnt plausable in the vanilla setup.

The real reason I believe there is no links to "cars" as such by the factions / npc's etc is because implementing the physics for them was just too much for Bethesda during production and therefore they just wrote them off - as in the atomic war explosions disabled them all via emp and from that point on they are knackered? Hence they are all stopped in motion at the same point in time?

There are mods out there that will allow you to drive vehicles! However the physics just isnt there to be a simulation of actual driving by any means..

Im half tempted, once the models are finished to see if anyone will port them to GTA V for me, that way you will be able to enjoy my Fo4 vehicles in motion too! Just not in Fo4..

- Edge.

Edited by EdgeUK90

Vehicle body completely UVW Mapped & Custom texture made, Door seperated, additional details added - This one is nearly ready to go in!

Fo4-Lesabre-29.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-30.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-31.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-32.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-33.jpg

Now I have made a custom texture file which is applied to the bodywork - I can tweak this to get the 'Worn/Weathered' look for the post war model.

I am going to change the vehicle layout inside the Corvega factory - mainly to display this model in the front lobby aswell as add a few to the production line.

[Edit] had a bit of luck with first mock up of stsages of deterioration on the vehicle paint itself:

Fo4-Lesabre-34.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-35.jpg

- Edge

Edited by EdgeUK90