Additional scrap cars! - Decorative

EdgeUK90

Oh those are looking really good! And yeah, I'd definitely put some of those on my GTAV showroom floor. Granted, don't have a PC that can RUN GTAV very well (like...barely) right now, and I haven't been keeping up with the mod situation to see if the community has been able to keep up with the updates.

Really good work so far, you have definitely got talent and skills!

Right. Even as far as cars go. You would think that some of the factions, like the Gunners, would want to get some of those APC's running, for troop transport.

Or that the BoS would do the same. I mean, you could move Power Armor troops soooooo much faster in/on the back of a truck, than having them WALK down roads!

And everybody and their brother likes to shoot down your vertibirds!

Yeah, there really isn't much of a game mechanic for the driving. I think it would be a really big project if the community wanted to try to get it going. And I think that as far as Beth is concerned, they just don't want to pay for the man hours to implement it, and have to make further changes to the game engine to support it.

Edited by StormWolf01

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh those are looking really good! And yeah, I'd definitely put some of those on my GTAV showroom floor. Granted, don't have a PC that can RUN GTAV very well (like...barely) right now, and I haven't been keeping up with the mod situation to see if the community has been able to keep up with the updates.

Really good work so far, you have definitely got talent and skills!

Right. Even as far as cars go. You would think that some of the factions, like the Gunners, would want to get some of those APC's running, for troop transport.

Or that the BoS would do the same. I mean, you could move Power Armor troops soooooo much faster in/on the back of a truck, than having them WALK down roads!

And everybody and their brother likes to shoot down your vertibirds!

Yeah, there really isn't much of a game mechanic for the driving. I think it would be a really big project if the community wanted to try to get it going. And I think that as far as Beth is concerned, they just don't want to pay for the man hours to implement it, and have to make further changes to the game engine to support it.

Thank you, as I say I have spent best part of 10 years away from max so even I am fairly chuffed at how well this mesh is turning out - And also how I seem to be picking up the software with ease! Which is the biggest surprise..

Although I am self tutoring on texture creation - back in my GTA days I used to modify existing textures or create basic ones myself. This time round I am attempting to get skillful in this area too.

This model as it stands still barely has any textures on it so the finish is rather basic. Once the engine, Chromework, Wheels & Interior are textured the finished product will look.. well.. Finished!

I do not own GTA V on pc (I have it on XB1x) - might see if it comes up on offer on steam then buy it :laugh: if that happens then yes there will be a driveable version - just not in Fo4.

Agreed about factions using vehicles - I swear I read from terminals or just put 2 & 2 together about the EMP after the big nukes hit disabling most vehicles (Hence why all the planes fell out of the sky etc) - Which woud make sense why the B.o.s are the only faction with vehicles as they repaired the military stock they came across.

However there is one little story that counters all of this - West Everett Estates where the 'Seperated family distress signal' comes from - Is barricaded with lorries etc & theres a terminal entry of the residents that survived the explosion drove these lorries into place before they became the dedicated barriers.... So that one story conflicts the whole 'EMP' scenario.

Lets face it, the truth of the matter is Bethesda didnt want to incorporate the physics & make a larger map.. because driveable vehicles would make the commonwealth seem very small.

Edge.

White I know, but working model file, reflection & texture file (only the body is textured here hence everything white).

Fo4-Lesabre-1.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-2.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-3.jpg

[EDIT] Quick texture tweak:

Fo4-Lesabre-4.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-5.jpg

But my first model ever into fo4! Woohoo :cool:

Now just to finish this bad boy off so we can move onto the next one!

-Edge

Edited by EdgeUK90

Front end finished. Moving onto the rear, then the interior. Then the next car!

Fo4-Lesabre-44.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-45.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-46.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-47.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-48.jpg

I will be releasing these vehicles in a variety of quality (High or low detail mesh then 2k or 1k textures)

These renders are the High quality mesh with 2k textures.

The ingame test model was actually the low quality mesh with 2k textures (I feel this is going to be the best option as these vehicles are for decorative purposes only and I wish to be fps friendly)

-Edge

Edited by EdgeUK90

Really, really nice! My hat is off to you sir!

I'm only mentioning this, because I know that sometime, somewhere, somebody is gonna bring it up, and cry about "their immersion". Myself, I think they look fantastic. But somebody is gonna say the chrome is too bright and shiny after sitting for 200 years. I'm personally NOT suggesting that you change it. I think it looks awesome. I'm just preparing ya for when that person does pop up ;)

I love your work with the patina, btw!

Really, really nice! My hat is off to you sir!

I'm only mentioning this, because I know that sometime, somewhere, somebody is gonna bring it up, and cry about "their immersion". Myself, I think they look fantastic. But somebody is gonna say the chrome is too bright and shiny after sitting for 200 years. I'm personally NOT suggesting that you change it. I think it looks awesome. I'm just preparing ya for when that person does pop up :wink:

I love your work with the patina, btw!

Thank you :cool:

And yes, I know they are - currently. The renders are essentially just showing the 'Pre-war' Model aswell. Once this version is complete, I can then start aging/ destroying it in a variety of ways to satisfy players sense of Immersion :cool: Its a great thing to look at in the game, Anybody will appreciate that.

Im going to have these cars dotted around the commonwealth - mixed in with all the others. Also in the Corvega factory & the dealership next to Falon's.

But why make the 'pre-war' models then you ask??

A: I will swap out the some of the cars in the pre-war sanctuary and replace them with these

B: Because im sure somebdoy out there, somewhere will want a spanking clean version to place in their settlement or their 'Penthouse' As I always have in my settlements :laugh:

-Edge

PREWAR MODEL FINISHED:

The Corvega Cutlass:

Fo4-Lesabre-65.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-66.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-67.jpg Fo4-Lesabre-68.jpg

Fo4-Lesabre-69.jpg

Now to put this version ingame :cool:

Post-war editions will now be created from this model.

+ A Little snippet of the next vehicle already underway! (Can you guess which vehicle this is from the first post)

FXAtmos-1.jpg

-Edge