How To Craft Dress Mods (Such As the Scarlet Dresses)

slut4bundy

Hi Bundy, welcome to the nexus forums.

Please give us a link to the mod that you are trying to use. So we can see how the dress is made.

You also have to make the mod active. If you only use the game for mods, when you start the game, you will see a list

Continue

New Game

Load

MODS

You will want to choose mods. Let it talk to Bethesda, and then Choose Load Order.

In Load Order, you will want to put a check next to the mod in the list. Then choose back and then go into the game.

From there, we need to know the mod, so we can telll you where to get it in the game.

There is also what is called an ini edit, that you have to do, in order for a lot of mods to work. That is a file in your My Documents/My Games/Fallout 4 folder named Fallout4.ini Have you modified that file yet?

a much quicker way to get mods working.

Download Fallout 4 bilago tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102

copy it into your fallout 4 root folder (Where fallout 4 launcher is)

Note: It does not really matter where the tool is, but i prefer to have all fallout 4 tools in the same location as fallout 4.

Open Bilago Tool:

Click on the Tweaks tab - and click on Both Enable Plugins and Invalidate Archives so that they are Highlighted in Blue - then simply click on Save

Now your Game is Ready for Modding (You only Need to do this Once, you can now safely ignore the tool), now launch the game, click on mods and enable all of your mods by following *StormWolf01* Post

then once your mods are Enabled, To Craft Skarlett Dresses: Go to the Chemistry Lab, and they should be found in this category: SkarlettDress1

this method is much quicker, and it saves having to mess around with the ini files, ignore them, as new users should not be messing around with them :wink:

Note: i do not have said skarlet dress mod, but i took the liberaty of downloading it, and checked it out in xEdit to see where the crafting recipes are, so the above should be correct (In the Chemistry Lab).

Note: I Strongly recommend you get a mod manager, this will help out greatly in the long term. i personally strongly recommend NMM, as it is simple to use and in the wise words of Todd Howard, "It Just Works"

it really does just work :tongue:

NMM: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

I just took a look at Bilago's tool. Oh my :D

It covers quite a few of the ini edits that I've scrounged around over the 'net. Very nice! Thanks for posting that, Gamewinner! :)

I also recommend dropping it into your fallout folder as well. Mostly just for simplicity in finding it again, if you ever want/need to use it again.

It covers quite a few of the ini edits that I've scrounged around over the 'net. Very nice! Thanks for posting that, Gamewinner! :smile:

I also recommend dropping it into your fallout folder as well. Mostly just for simplicity in finding it again, if you ever want/need to use it again.

Welcome :)

it gives you access to every single possible setting in fallout 4, i been using it for a long time, it is an essential tool :P

• 2 weeks later...

This I something i kinda can help with, I will give you the general elements needed for an outfit mod to work:

The ESM side:

any mod in fallout 4 is a combination of types that are linked together to make the whole mod, outfits in fallout 4 are considered armor that takes certain amount of known slots of the body, it doesn't matter what slot's you're gonna be using if your armor is just for looks, but generally use the slots that you think your outfit is covering and no other type of gear should be used over it, the outfit itself has to take the BODY slot (number 33), this armor type (code named "armo") can be created in the armor section of the creation kit by right clicking then new in the list, although I recommend creating a copy of an already existing mod and changing just the meshes if you find a mod that resembles a lot the mod you're going to make. in the armor window you will find various stats that you can tweak including the slots that you have to choose, one important element that you have to consider in this window is the armor addon (code named "arma") this is another type that contains the meshes of your outfit, biped female should be the mesh you have to fill but there are others that you can add too, you can right click new or go to the armor addon section and create it there, I suggest you keep everything by default as a general rule of thumb and change the things that you're concerned about. now if you add these both types and put the armor addon inside the armor, then save the mod which create the esm file that you have to put in data folder, you can already have you mod working in game you can verify by typing "help name 0 armo" in console to search for your armor id then "player.additem theidyoufoundintheresults" the armor will be added to your inventory.

now for how to make this outfit craftable in the chemstation you need 2 other new types in your mod; a keyword type (code named "KYWD") and a constructible object type (code named "COBJ"), the keyword is to add a recipe in the chemstation you can create new keyword like the other types, name it in the ID space, then select "recipe filter" type and give it the name you want it displayed, after that you create a constructible object you name it as for the others and select workbench type "WorkbenchChemlab", you add the keyword you just created in the recipe filter space just like earlier for the armor addon, you can add the junk required to create your outfit in the required item list (leather adhesive cloth...) another type you might need in your mod is the material type (code named MSWP) that change the texture of your outfit it is used by armor addon to change mesh group textures from original to custom you just have to put the links of original and destination material files, and that's it! I know this is a wacky and oversimplified explanation and im probably missing somethings but you can search for more tutorials along this one to help you.

recap:

the types needed for outfit mod:

-armor <- armor addon (inside armor)

-craftable object <- keyword

this is explained from creation kit perspective, FO4Edit sees all types as separate entities but still it can be useful.

The file side:

In terms of putting files in the right location you just have to follow the regular file structure of the game, in the case of outfits you put the meshes in "\Data\Meshes\yourfolder" these are .nif files you can use outfitstudio to customize these files, textures in "\Data\textures\yourfolder", materials "\Data\Materials\yourfolder" these are .bgsm files they contain links to the texture files, you can create them with material editor, the final mod should be a rar file that contains a folder with the name of your mod, inside that folder is the esm file along with the data forlder inside which are all the files I mentioned in this section. that's it good luck with the rest!

Edited by shinelucid

It covers quite a few of the ini edits that I've scrounged around over the 'net. Very nice! Thanks for posting that, Gamewinner! :smile:

How does Bilagos tool compare/overlap with Bethini for FO4?