⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Best Nvidia settings for ENB's?

sourfries35

1) well if you mean does shift-enter bring up the config menu from the Skyrim start screen? No. It brings up the continue game screen

2) nothing about ENBSeries. the only thing other than the stock skyrim load graphics is a logitech Nvidia message that pops up on the top right for a few seconds.

Then your ENB isn't working. I have an ENB checklist for Oldrim. Let me update it for SSE:

ENB Check List (Skyrim Special Edition on Windows 10)

If ENB is not working, then check these things:

• Make sure you have d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll from ENBseries, and install them to the Skyrim Special Edition main folder. Do NOT put them in Data, and don't install them with a mod manager.
  • DELETE any d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe from your Skyrim Special Edition main folder. Those are for Oldrim (Classic/Legendary Edition).
  • Make sure no overlays are running. That includes FPS/CPU/GPU meters, RivaTuner Statistics Server, MSI Afterburner OSD, Nahimic, Razer overlay, anything with "OSD" in the name, etc. Steam overlay is fine though.
  • Disable "Xbox Game Bar/DVR" in Windows 10.
  • Make sure you're using the recommended version of ENB for the preset you're using, or at least something close. You can try the latest version of ENB after you get that working. The latest version may have newer features or changes that the preset isn't tuned for.
  • Don't use ENB presets made for Oldrim. Oldrim ENBseries has a different feature set from SSE. Even if it works, it probably won't look the same.
  • Install ENB Helper SE if your ENB preset supports different weathers. It's an SKSE plugin, so you'll need to install that for it to work.
  • Do NOT use enbhelper.dll. That's for Oldrim too.
  • Try turning off your antivirus/firewall temporarily. If either of the DLLs vanish mysteriously, it's because of antivirus.

Edit: Removed tip to install DirectX 9. Not needed for SSE.

Edited by Grospolina

Hey Grospolina. Thanks for the instructions. One small question...

DirectX 9 isn't currently installed on my computer.

dxdiag reports I'm running v12. So regarding "updating" DirectX 9, does that mean "install DirectX 9", or does having DirectX 12 supersede that requirement?

Oops, I left that one in by mistake. It was for Oldrim. I forgot that SSE doesn't need it. I'll edit that out.

But you do have DirectX 9. If not, then DirectX 9 games wouldn't work. Windows 10 comes with it, but not the latest version for some reason. It doesn't hurt to update it, but it won't help with SSE.

• 1 year later...