So Fallout 4 got an update again

ikis

Hello everyone. Fallout 4 just got an update again (21.11.19), but i couldn't find any info about what is being held in that update except new content into creation club.

So i was thinking that is Bethesda these days really even updating the game or just adding new stuff into Creation Club? At least my cleaned esm files got their dirty edits etc back so...? It's f*#@ing annoying if updates just screw the game up (modded game) for the new content into Creation Club and don't even fix anything inside the game.... I might sound cynical, but after recent news about what Bethesda's been doing, nothing would not surprise me. It's so bad if updates just contains CC stuff and nothing inside the game.... Have to turn automatic updates off if this is the case. I love modding Fallout 3, NV and 4 and just got Fallout 4 run smoothly just the way that i want and now this update messed some of my mods and the game wont run properly. Fortunely those mods should get their updates soon and big thanks and respect to modders for it to keep their work alive.

It's only creation club updates these days. Only monetarizing instead of improving.

Just set steam to "only update when game is started" and only use F4SE and you should be on the save side. Apart from that, always store your game exe, so you can roll back in case of accidents.

Hello everyone. Fallout 4 just got an update again (21.11.19), but i couldn't find any info about what is being held in that update except new content into creation club.

So i was thinking that is Bethesda these days really even updating the game or just adding new stuff into Creation Club? At least my cleaned esm files got their dirty edits etc back so...? It's f***ing annoying if updates just screw the game up (modded game) for the new content into Creation Club and don't even fix anything inside the game.... I might sound cynical, but after recent news about what Bethesda's been doing, nothing would not surprise me. It's so bad if updates just contains CC stuff and nothing inside the game.... Have to turn automatic updates off if this is the case. I love modding Fallout 3, NV and 4 and just got Fallout 4 run smoothly just the way that i want and now this update messed some of my mods and the game wont run properly. Fortunely those mods should get their updates soon and big thanks and respect to modders for it to keep their work alive.

just do a version rollback

instead of waiting for updates...

It's only creation club updates these days. Only monetarizing instead of improving.

Just set steam to "only update when game is started" and only use F4SE and you should be on the save side. Apart from that, always store your game exe, so you can roll back in case of accidents.

an .exe backup only isnt enough

best is to rollback and backup the fallout .exe .esm and in the actual case the _interface.ba2

an .exe backup only isnt enough

best is to rollback and backup the fallout .exe .esm and in the actual case the _interface.ba2

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. I just backed up the esm and the interface ba2. Just in case, steam would roll back on my settings, which happens off and on.

So i was thinking that is Bethesda these days really even updating the game or just adding new stuff into Creation Club? At least my cleaned esm files got their dirty edits etc back so...? It's f***ing annoying if updates just screw the game up (modded game) for the new content into Creation Club and don't even fix anything inside the game.... I might sound cynical, but after recent news about what Bethesda's been doing, nothing would not surprise me. It's so bad if updates just contains CC stuff and nothing inside the game.... Have to turn automatic updates off if this is the case. I love modding Fallout 3, NV and 4 and just got Fallout 4 run smoothly just the way that i want and now this update messed some of my mods and the game wont run properly. Fortunely those mods should get their updates soon and big thanks and respect to modders for it to keep their work alive.

1) At least this isn't like running a modded GTA V game. Seems like They release an update every other couple of weeks, JUST to mess up the mods. It really taught me to make working backups of my modded games, and invest a lot of time in finding ways to keep the games from phoning home and get those updates. Sadly though, there's nothing that can really be done about that with a lot of the MMORPG games that I really like.

Don't even get me started about Creation Club. Or about a company that turns free mods into something that you have to pay for. (Chinese stealth suit, anybody?) Which on top of that, are in a file format that can eventually cause CTD, Savegame corruptions (on consoles, mostly) and if overdone, cause you to have to remove other mods, just to install new ones, if you go past the ESL limit.

Modders are literally the bread and butter for Bethesda. Yes, their games are alright. But only that. They're buggy, they're crashy, and Beth doesn't do anything about it. They leave it to US to fix their games. That, on top of the fact that they leave it to US to keep the fascination for their games going.

Greetings Modders Anonymous. My name is Storm, I've been a mod addict for over 20 years. ..........

Hah. I won't lie. I hit the mods section of the nexus, every time, before I come to the forums. I've got 96.5 GIGs in my saved mods folder, which contains 23,436 Files, 3,580 Folders. And that's NOT counting the ones that I haven't unzipped to use yet!

And all this, for a game that the storyline can't hold my interest, to play it all the way to the finale.

Is there any way of rolling back from this update? older methods of rolling back don't seem to work...

wtf Bethesda?

[Edit] Link removed. Site policy in regards to unofficially distributing Bethesda files.[/edit] - Storm

There's 3 files in that post that you need to download, and put into your data folder. But you also have to rename them, and overwrite the ones that the update put in there.

Info is in the subredit.

Edited by StormWolf01

I

Is there any way of rolling back from this update? older methods of rolling back don't seem to work...

wtf Bethesda?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/dzazrk/how_to_revert_todays_game_patch_for_f4se_easy_10/

There's 3 files in that post that you need to download, and put into your data folder. But you also have to rename them, and overwrite the ones that the update put in there.

Info is in the subredit.

It works!! it was my fault thanks for the info you saved my life!