Select different textures for an item in-game

theotherguy7

There's plenty of mods out there that offer some impressive new textures for items in the game. But they usually replace the existing textures for them rather than adding a copy of these items with the new textures, which might make sense from a modding perspective, although sometimes I'll want to equip the same item for another character I'm playing, but with different textures. So instead of having to create copies of an object for these mods, or go and change which of them are active, could there be some utility that allows you to switch between them in the game, say, via MCM, or as you're viewing the item in your inventory? Preferably in a way that lets you change each individual item, as opposed to all items of the kind (although you could maybe choose between either option).

Hopefully this can also be applied to other parts of the game, like dragons or environment textures, but to keep it simple, just being able to use it for items would be enough.

I don't think that is even possible. This would be a cool feature especially for those who compare textures but again, simply not possible. And even it would be possible technically someone would have to create hundreds or even thousands of texture sets with the Creation Kit. And you would need of course the permission from all the texture artists to use their work.

Sorry, can't happen, won't happen.

Edited by Novem99