why the aiming not realistic?

MoxJaeger

It always bothered me to no end when sniping it looks like they hip-firing and not actually aiming down the scope. how can you eye ball your target and just fire? this has bother me to no end, if the weapon has a scope it should be realistically used. i wish there was a way to fix this. the only weapon i see it meets what i want is the Gauss rifle, it fully looks down the barrel through the scope, but the rest just make me sad.

(picture credit goes to MayauelVon)

49606146-1574559698.png

As a former sniper in Vietnam, 1968-69, the above picture bothers me, too. I don't play the game that you're using ... real-life was enough sniping for me (although I'm at the rifle range at least once per week, to keep up my skills). I hope someone mods your game so that it's more realistic. The sniper in the picture also needs to take off the tactical glasses in order to get a clear sight picture. Also, a sniper should exercise camouflage discipline. She could literally be seen by the enemy up to 1500 yards away.

Part of what you're talking about is in the game engine. First person sighting and 3rd person sighting don't line up. 1st person lines up further to the left. Thats why you get this kind of thing if you swing the camera out in free mode from 1st person, or when VATS tries to integrate both at the same time.

A lot of it is the animations, vs the weapon models too. A lot of the weapons use the same animations, even tho the models themselves have different heights and positions for the scopes.

Try a mod called wacky weapons workshop. It lets you put any attachment on any weapon. Play around with all the different red dot sights, and iron sights. Even if they look like they sit correctly on a gun, you can tell just how off they are by looking down them 1st person. On some of them, you can't even see the crosshair or the dot. That is a sign of how badly aligned the gun model is, to the sight model.

Height of the character can really throw it off too. There's mods and console commands that let you change your character's scale larger or smaller. That throws off the sighting alignment as well.

The thing that gets me the most is when you make an extremely long range head shot in vats. And your character's PoV is turned off to the right, looking at something on the side of the screen when the gun goes off.

Yeah, there's a lot that I could nitpick about that pic too. A LOT. But honestly.... game how ya wanna game, as long as it doesn't cheat anybody else.

If you want reality go play paintball. Or airsoft. (that's not being a jerk. Both sports are tons of fun. Everybody should play at least once.) BTW, theres a group of Fallout LARPers (Live Action Role Play) that do airsoft.

I don't notice any scope accuracy problem, but the base hip fire accuracy is sure low no matter what weapon you're using it is made part of the gameplay, the bullet is random is a certain cone radius to fix that max out the stead aim perk, also get the dot crosshair mod it will help you more improve your aiming.