Why did I just have to reset my password?

WakahisaSensei

I just downloaded a new skyrim mod. I was about to move to download another but got an adult content warning (I had somehow been logged out) and when I logged back in it made me reset my password. WTF?

Edit: Also why was this mod flagged as adult content? Was it just the picture? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100315?tab=description

First mod I downloaded before being kicked out was this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100327. I doubt it's related but just in case.

Edited by WakahisaSensei

Please see the site news regarding our user portal update: https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14163

As far as that mod goes, yes the image requires it to be tagged as an Adult mod.

Thank you. You'd think I'd have gotten some kind of notification this was the case. Never got an email, message, or anything. I was totally in the dark. But hey, as long as it was supposed to happen it's cool with me.

Please see the site news regarding our user portal update: https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14163

As far as that mod goes, yes the image requires it to be tagged as an Adult mod.

Thank you. You'd think I'd have gotten some kind of notification this was the case. Never got an email, message, or anything. I was totally in the dark. But hey, as long as it was supposed to happen it's cool with me.

You would have got an alert on the site, unless you've turned off site news notifications :)

• 7 months later...

Couldn't log in either, and I had no clue why.

Yep, some people happen to not come here for months in a row.

Nope, there has been no warning, no email, zero info.

Anyway, what I actually wanted to mention is this: Keep forcing us to enlarge our passwords and soon we will have to start storing them somewhere instead of, you know, remembering them. Which will completely defeat the purpose.

Have a nice day.

Anyway, what I actually wanted to mention is this: Keep forcing us to enlarge our passwords and soon we will have to start storing them somewhere instead of, you know, remembering them. Which will completely defeat the purpose.

Have a nice day.

Use a password manager. I've used an offline manager for the past 10 years, and it now manages at least 100 different passwords. However, there's only one password that I need to remember, and that is the password for the manager.

Have a nice day.

Use a password manager. I've used an offline manager for the past 10 years, and it now manages at least 100 different passwords. However, there's only one password that I need to remember, and that is the password for the manager.

To avoid storing them somewhere by storing them in a manager.

All together.

On a computer.

I'm not sure this suggestion is the most apropos. :-)

Have a nice day.

To avoid storing them somewhere by storing them in a manager.

All together.

On a computer.

I'm not sure this suggestion is the most apropos. :-)

My password manager is on a flash drive, not my computer. Also, try running a small business without a password manager by simply remembering all the passwords for supplier accounts, credit card accounts, bank accounts, shipping accounts, internet store accounts, advertising accounts, insurance accounts, regulatory agency accounts, taxing authorities accounts, credit search accounts, collection agency accounts, utilities accounts, etc.

Edited by AugustaCalidia