Installed bloodmoon now I get an error

lordneverar

If that still doesn't work, then open your Morrowind.ini file (located right in the installed Morrowind folder (you may have to click the "Compatibility Files" tab in the top-right corner to see this file)) and find the Archives section. It should look like this:

[Archives]

Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa

Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa

Old quote but I figured I'd ask here incase anyone has an answer for this.

Getting the same problem.

Howver my Morrowind.ini doesn't have this.

It has

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
GameFile1=Tribunal.esm
GameFile2=Bloodmoon.esm
GameFile3=Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
GameFile4=Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
GameFile5=Better Heads.esm
GameFile6=Better Bodies.esp
GameFile7=SN_Gold_v.1.1.esp
GameFile8=vibrant trees 2.0.esp
GameFile9=Vibrant lights 1.0.esp
GameFile10=New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp
GameFile11=New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp

I have no idea.

Should I try making it resemble the quoted content so "Gamefiles" title is "Archives" and rename the lines so for example "GameFile0=Morrowind.esm" is now "Archive 0=Morrowind.esm"?

Just seems rather odd that, rather than my .ini not have these, but instead have them but they're written in differently.

Edited by Deepblue321

• 1 year later...
What kind of error do you get? Do the intro videos start playing, because you might not have those files. I had the same problem. I just found the video files on the disc and then I reinserted them into the video folder.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, so after reinstalling the fecking thing like 100 times, I have finally figured out step by step process. Hurray!

1, Install your game,

Disable any and all Antivirus, Firewall, Spyware or anything else that may interfere with the instillation, even disable internet connection if you have non steam version.

A, For steam users MAKE SURE your Steamapps folder is NOT in Program Files folder. How to move my steam games.

Once done, install Morrowind and run the launcher, close it. Verify your game integrity game cache

B, For CD GOTY users

Open the CD and RUN the AUTORUN.EXE AS ADMINISTRATOR Install the files OUTSIDE PROGRAM FILES one by one, Morrowind>Creation Kit>Tribunal>Bloodmoon.

Due to an unexpected failure in Win Vista and above some files will not be copied for some reason. You have to copy them manually.

Go to CD drive: Morrowind GOTY Right click Data Files folder and choose copy, go to your Morrowind installation folder and paste there, overite all conflicts (takes a while)

Go to CD drive: Morrowind GOTY\Tribunal Right click Data Files folder and choose copy, go to your Morrowind installation folder and paste there, overite all conflicts

Go to CD drive: Morrowind GOTY\Bloodmoon Right click Data Files folder and choose copy, go to your Morrowind installation folder and paste there, overite all conflicts

2, Morrowind.ini

Go to Morrowind installation folder and open Morrowind.ini

Find [Archives] and make sure it looks like this:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
IF you can't find it you have to create it. I have mine just between Werewolf FOV=100 & [LightAttenuation],
SO IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:
bla bla bla
Subtitles=0
ShowHitFader=1
Werewolf FOV=100
[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
[LightAttenuation]
UseConstant=0
ConstantValue=0.0
bla bla bla etc
Congratulations, You are done, enjoy your game!

Just on 1B, rather than running autorun.exe as admin if you run setup.exe as admin that prevents the problem of some files not installing (or it did for me on WIn7).

Running Setup.exe will only install the Morrowind which finishes fine the you install CS as well, all good. HOWEVER, then you have to go and install the DLCs separately. And this resulted in Program Not installed properly error for me every time.

Running the Autorun.exe with admin privileges fixes this issue for me.

Win 7 - 64

GTX 980ti 6g G1 gaming

• 9 months later...

im going to reinstall in the order that someone listed tribunal then bloodmoon and see if it works.

That's a correct installation order for Morrowind GotY. :yes:

1. Disk 1/3 will install Morrowind and CS

2. Disk 2/3 will install Tribunal - eventually install the Tribunal 1.4.x patch (sorry, I can't find a link to that patch)

3. Disk 3/3 will install Bloodmoon

Then launch Morrowind by double clicking the Morrowind shortcut, just to see if it is working.