Editing Manufactory Recipes in Creation Kit (2 questions)

weds4

I am trying to edit the recipes in the ammo manufactory from Contraptions DLC. I want to change the amount of resources needed and added new resources (Example: 10mm Round requires 2 Lead, 1 Fertilizer. I want it to require 1 Lead, 1 Copper, 1 Steel).

When editing the the Container/DLC05WorkshipBuilderAmmo01 in CK, everything seems to work fine, but when I load the game, the .esp I have made will not load. I go to the main menu's mod selector and the esp is not checked on, so I check it on and get the message that game data will reload. The esp still does not load! When I load a save, the changes I have made do not appear. I can even go back to the mod selector menu and my esp is checked off again.

1. Why won't the mod load?

Also, I looked at how other mods do this (BuildDLCAmmo, specifically). It also edits the terminal script for DLC05nativeWorkshopBuilderAmmo01TerminalSubMenu, but when I try to edit it in my CK I cannot.

In the papyrus fragment box I get the message ";Failed to load code for fragment Fragment_Terminal_xx" where xx is the recipe number (01-10).

I read that this is because the psc source is missing, but have unpacked the DLC05 scripts in steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC05\.

2. How else should I get the source scripts to load?

Thanks!

Hey Storm,

Thanks for replying!

I'm familiar with XEdit, but I don't think it can do what I need it to, in this case.

I'm trying to change the recipes for the ammo made in the Ammo Plant from the Contrapions DLC. Those recipes are not handled in the Constructible Objects category; they are handled in the Container category. It also appears there needs to be changes to the scripts for the terminals (which you have to connect to the ammo plant in-game to select what to craft). If you look at the Build DLC Ammo mod in XEdit, you can see what I'm talking about.

As you can see, the relevant changes are made in Container and Terminal. (Note, the Constructible Object edit you see is the author adding new ammo plants for different ammo types) The edits in the Terminal category also seem to be important, but all the changes appear to be to script fragments (which I can't edit as I said in OP).

If you have more advice, I'd love to hear it!

Hey again Weds! Not a problem. Always glad to try to help out :smile:

(Wow, we broke the nexus! Glad I did a really fast copy of the post! I'll post it as soon as I can get back in.) [Edit 11-25-19 Removing, to avoid confusion. Will reply[/edit]

Edited by StormWolf01

Hey again, guess we really did break the nexus lol.

Just want to be sure we're on the same page. You realize that the Constructible Object entries for that mod are for the creation of the machines, right? There are no ammo recipes in there. The ammo recipes are in the Container entries. All the ammo recipes are defined in the dlc05:workshopbuilderscript script. My problem is not viewing these recipes, they are right there after all. My problem is that I cannot add entries to that script using XEdit. Can I? I can't right-click and add a component and count to the recipes script. I'd have to go into CK to edit it, but for some reason my CK won't load the plugin after I edit the script (perhaps having to do with CK not detecting my source scripts)

As for the Terminal entries, I believe you are incorrect that they have nothing to do with the recipes. You have to have a script fragment for every recipe defined in the container. The reason there are two more entries in the Terminal category for the ammunition plant is that the mod author added two recipes to the machine. There is a definitive link between the ammo recipes defined in the machine's Container script and the machine's Terminal script.

Heyas Weds. Ok, I gotta keep this brief, my ride is gonna be here in the next 10 minutes, and I wanna pass this along to ya before I have to leave.

The recipes. Stopping and really, really looking at them, yeah, you're right, those are for the machines. I got the two mixed up.

The container Entries.... :D Yeah :D you can edit those :D

[Edit 1:51 pm 11-25-19] Ok, my ride is a no-show. So it does look like I have some time to try to work with this. I did have a minute or two to play around with it while I've been waiting. This structure is a bit different from what I'm used to, in Constructibles. So it's taking me some trial and error to figure out where to right click, to use the Add function, to properly place the new entry. Yeah, you can right click to add new ones in there. But my first way of doing it, I'm not sure that I was adding them to the right spot. So I removed that info, while I tinker with it some more.

I'm gonna tinker with it a bit, and post pics.

Edited by StormWolf01

yeah I tried it for just a minute and after making changes, when I get in game the new recipe won't display in the terminal. IDK if it will still craft it even if the recipe won't display. Gonna keep trying.

[EDIT like 5 minutes later...] Scratch that, the changes are appearing and they work! I'll make all the changes I want and get back to you, although I think this is problem solved. Thank you!

Edited by weds4

Alright, all the changes I wanted are made and appearing in-game. Interesting side note, I changed the 10mm recipe (recipe00) and saved by exiting XEdit and choosing to save my changes, then I reopened XEdit and made the rest of my changes these times saving with ctrl-s. All the other recipes worked fine in-game, but the 10mm ammo bugged out the terminal screen and didn't let the new recipe work. I re-did the changes for recipe00 in XEdit then saved using ctrl-s, went back into game and then the 10mm recipe worked. I wonder if something screwed up randomly, or if XEdit saves with 2 different methods, one that happens to break my change and one that doesn't.

Either way, Storm, you are a hero. Thank you so much for your help (and patience). I know it can be annoying to have some internet rando try to tell you you're wrong, so thanks for putting up with me lol.

Heya Weds! I'm really glad to hear that you got it sorted out! ESPECIALLY since my ride DID end up showing up (AN HOUR!! LATE!) and I was gone most of the day. So I didn't get a chance to mess around with it.

That one was kinda confusing for me. I'd never seen recipe's made up like that before.

Heh, well.... you had the patience to put up with me, looking at the recipe for the terminal and thinking that it was for the ammo. That was a total head slap moment, HAHA.

LOL now granted... there was ONE time, where I was like "Just LOOK at it, you'll see what I mean." HAHAHA.

Not entirely sure about how Xedit does those changes. I DO know that when you do the Ctrl +S it creates a backup save. Now, HOW it handles that save file, I dunno. I do need to check into that, instead of just deleting them after I get done.

I really am glad that you got this going tho. While I was tinking with it, I kept adding new entries, but I really wasn't sure if I was adding them where they needed to be. Especially since I didn't know how the mod was originally supposed to work in the first place, since I'd never played it. Or worked with a format like they were using. REALLY wierd recipe. REALLY wierd.

Anyways. Sending kudos to ya for keeping at it, and for getting it going!

Cheers!

-Storm

• 1 year later...