Belrand - customized follower

Katarsi

I'm not sure that modders even pay attention to this part of the forum, but here goes.

Belrand is a spellsword for hire. His particular voice is used by more than 60 different NPCs in the game, not including generic male Nords (courtesy of a great voice actor Michael Gough). I think that all those lines can be pieced together to make him far more unique and provide him with a lot more to say than his vanilla verbal capabilities. I wish I knew how to do this by myself, but I don't.

I would also add convenient traits to him, namely these:
- Custom face (I already have one made, it's gorgeous, so that one is covered). I wouldn't want to touch his body, so it would remain flexible for body mods already installed by players.
- His own horse, that spawns when the player character owns one as well. I'm having difficulties to understand how such an experienced spellsword doesn't have his own horse. It just doesn't add up.
- Custom equipment. Some light armor, with a circlet flagged as light armor, because I think it befits a spellsword better than a helmet. Also, a one-handed sword. These items should be upgradable according to PC's smithing and enchanting skills.
Interesting info found on UESP: In the Creation Kit data, there's an outfit named 'BelrandOutfit', which consists of a leveled piece of light armor boots, cuirass, and gauntlets of the best quality. However, it isn't in use.
- Slightly customized magic abilities. Destruction should be the main thing, until the enemy gets too close and then he'll pull out his sword. If the player's health falls beneath 50%, he should stop whatever he's doing and use healing on PC. Perhaps this could be customized via dialogue options in case the player wants to be emergency-healed when their health is worse (e.g. 25%).
- Assigning home to him when PC brings him there. If Belrand is dismissed from service, he should return to Solitude like normal. There should be a separate dialogue option to send him to player home. If he's dismissed completely while in relationship, he shouldn't be available for romance nor re-hiring again! I'd be adamant about this. Don't mess with his feelings.
- Starting a relationship and getting married should be separate things. I think PC should spend more time with Belrand and talk to him more if they want him to accept proposal.
- Going to sleep whenever PC does. If the location is an inn, he should go and sit in the nearest available chair and wait until PC wakes up. If it's a player home, he should go and sleep in the follower bed. After starting an intimate relationship, he should always sleep in the same bed as PC - unless it's a bed for a single person, then he should find a chair or some other free bed if there is one.
- Sandboxing in non-hostile environment (closed quarters).
- Seamless compatibility with sex mods. Namely, he should have an intimate dialogue option - as a part of this mod - when he's in a romantic relationship with the player, and whatever sex mod that is installed should take over when the scene initiates. Dialogue options offered by other mods should be completely ignored.
- His personal input during some crucial quests, in the form of commentary, or perhaps a dialogue if it's possible.

So what say you? I'm sure you guys can see the potential of making a spectacular follower out of a vanilla one. I sincerely wish I knew how to do this myself! I'm also open for collaboration with people who are experienced in making voiced followers, if you don't want to do this all by yourselves, or if you have more ideas.

Please consider this suggestion.

Edited by Katarsi