What's wrong with this Addspell script?

antstubell

Most obvious error is that "Whodid" is not Papyrus syntax.

What triggers the addspell effect? Does it happen when the player reads a book? Kills a boss? Eats a sweetroll? Without knowing what you're attaching the script to, and what action triggers the addspell function, it's not possible to give you a precise answer.

Most obvious error is that "Whodid" is not Papyrus syntax.

What triggers the addspell effect? Does it happen when the player reads a book? Kills a boss? Eats a sweetroll? Without knowing what you're attaching the script to, and what action triggers the addspell function, it's not possible to give you a precise answer.

When player takes a MISC object

Edited by antstubell

Try this:

spell property spell2add auto
Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
      if (akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer()) && ((Game.Getplayer().HasSpell(Spell2Add)) == 0)
               (Game.Getplayer()).addspell(spell2add)
      endif
endevent

EDIT: Oh, by the way, this gets attached to the object being picked up.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Antstubell, I highly recommend setting up notepad++ or another text editor with papyrus syntax - it will help you a lot in deciphering and writing code.

External Text Editors

I've been meaning to do that for some time but as soon as I get into CK I just forget about it and use the compiler there. I'll make a note to do it.

The script works perfectly and its a script I've used many times before, don't know why I didn't think of it. When spell is added I get a notification, if I remember correctly (I've been modding for so long haven't played the game in ages) doesn't a big message saying you've learnt blah, blah appear?

When spell is added I get a notification, if I remember correctly (I've been modding for so long haven't played the game in ages) doesn't a big message saying you've learnt blah, blah appear?

I'm pretty sure that only happens for Word Walls (though, like you, I mod more than play). I think that a notification for a new spell is standard procedure.

When spell is added I get a notification, if I remember correctly (I've been modding for so long haven't played the game in ages) doesn't a big message saying you've learnt blah, blah appear?

I'm pretty sure that only happens for Word Walls (though, like you, I mod more than play). I think that a notification for a new spell is standard procedure.

Ok then, would be nice if a sound effect played too like the drum beat when a quest is added just in case player is not looking. Thanks for your help.