[LE] When are you supposed to use ActorBase/ObjectBase?

Cheyron

I know when I need to use GetName() for example I need to use the base but what exacty is going on here? Why is there even a base for these objects when they already inherit form? can someone explain technically why they are used and when are you supposed to use them? The creation kit wiki doesnt really explain it in much detail. Like why would i use GetLeveledActorBase vs GetActorBase vs using Actor class itself... what is the difference?

ActorBase extends Form

Actor extends ObjectReference which extends Form

You cannot call an ActorBase function with an Actor. You must get the ActorBase of the Actor before you can call such a function.

GetName() will compile with an Actor because GetName() is on the Form script but the ObjectReference record does not have a Name entry. Thus in order to access the name, the base must be used.

Actor refers to the pre-placed or spawned in instance

ActorBase refers to the actual record that the Actor is derived from

I do not have experience with leveled actors, cannot give any specifics on that.

ActorBase extends Form

Actor extends ObjectReference which extends Form

You cannot call an ActorBase function with an Actor. You must get the ActorBase of the Actor before you can call such a function.

GetName() will compile with an Actor because GetName() is on the Form script but the ObjectReference record does not have a Name entry. Thus in order to access the name, the base must be used.

Actor refers to the pre-placed or spawned in instance

ActorBase refers to the actual record that the Actor is derived from

I do not have experience with leveled actors, cannot give any specifics on that.

Oh ok this explains a lot, thank you very much!