Periodic Infinite Loading Screen on Modded SSE, Looking to fix

Martimius

Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble lately with periodic infinite loading screens (ILS). These don't always occur on a specific cell loading/fast travel point, rather it tends to happen when I've clocked in some time on a current play session and already have loaded a number of interior/exterior cells successfully. These occurrences were rare at the start of my playthrough, but they became more prevalent as I played some more.

I have tried Google and forum searches about this issue, but the people experiencing it would either have vanilla, Oldrim, or completely different modded setups from mine. I also use the Engine Fixes mod and have tried turning on the "Use OS Allocators" option to no avail. I'm providing a modlist as well, so I hope that helps with troubleshooting. I know as well that providing a huge modlist dump without any explanation isn't very helpful at times, so I'll try to narrow it down to some suspects.

The issue hasn't occurred when I was in first person, only third (I play third-person most of the time)- perhaps it might be due to the first person camera mod (Improved Camera) I have installed but it's a bit unlikely. I also have DynDOLOD, but that seemed to run fine even before and I've been using that mod for a while. It's unlikely because of a single mesh or texture because the ILS only happens sometimes and usually after a hard reset of my game I can load the cell again.

Modlist:

https://modwat.ch/u/Martimius2/plugins

Thanks, and I would definitely appreciate some help! :laugh:

Does anyone have other tips or suggestions?

I played a new test save recently for about an hour without any ILS issues on cell transition or fast travel. Logical deduction would point to my current save being corrupted, but I don't know how that could be the case exactly. I haven't uninstalled any mods since the start of the playthrough, and the biggest change I'd say was updating DynDOLOD.

• 1 month later...

It is not your save. Its dyndolod. I have exactly the same issue since installing dyndolod. Tried everything possible to solve the issue but still get them randomly wish someone could help us. It is becomming really annoying and I love dyndolod looks amazing with ultra 3d trees installed.

• 2 months later...

ÃÂ

I played a new test save recently for about an hour without any ILS issues on cell transition or fast travel. Logical deduction would point to my current save being corrupted, but I don't know how that could be the case exactly. I haven't uninstalled any mods since the start of the playthrough, and the biggest change I'd say was updating DynDOLOD.

This issue can be solved through SSE Engine Fixes Experimental tab in the ini file for the mod. Go to the bottom and enable the variable that requires TBBMaloc (forgot what itâs called, Iâm on my phone right now). I had the same issue as you and saw this thread looking for a solution amidst when I have the issue, so I did some digging around and found it. Of course, itâs experimental, but from me fast traveling to several places for hours, I have not encountered infinite loading so far. Hope this helps, and keep modding on! Edited by Smellsin

ÃÂ

This issue can be solved through SSE Engine Fixes Experimental tab in the ini file for the mod. Go to the bottom and enable the variable that requires TBBMaloc (forgot what itâs called, Iâm on my phone right now). I had the same issue as you and saw this thread looking for a solution amidst when I have the issue, so I did some digging around and found it. Of course, itâs experimental, but from me fast traveling to several places for hours, I have not encountered infinite loading so far. Hope this helps, and keep modding on!

This worked very well for me, thank you!

To fix it you need to do this:

Find the .ini file at: Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\EngineFixes.ini - open in some text editor,

The TBBMalloc variable is true as default, but the make it active you need to change the MemoryManager from false to true, so it look like this:

MemoryManager = true ; Disables Skyrim's memory manager in favor of standard allocation (Use OS Allocators), can help with ILS

UseTBBMalloc = true ; Uses TBBMalloc instead of standard allocators, only active if MemoryManager is true

SaveGameMaxSize = false ; Expands the maximum uncompressed size of a save game from 64 MB to 128 MB; can fix "crash on save" issue in long-running saves

Thanks and happy modding!

• 7 months later...

ÃÂ

This issue can be solved through SSE Engine Fixes Experimental tab in the ini file for the mod. Go to the bottom and enable the variable that requires TBBMaloc (forgot what itâs called, Iâm on my phone right now). I had the same issue as you and saw this thread looking for a solution amidst when I have the issue, so I did some digging around and found it. Of course, itâs experimental, but from me fast traveling to several places for hours, I have not encountered infinite loading so far. Hope this helps, and keep modding on!

This worked very well for me, thank you!

To fix it you need to do this:

Find the .ini file at: Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\EngineFixes.ini - open in some text editor,

The TBBMalloc variable is true as default, but the make it active you need to change the MemoryManager from false to true, so it look like this:

MemoryManager = true ; Disables Skyrim's memory manager in favor of standard allocation (Use OS Allocators), can help with ILS

UseTBBMalloc = true ; Uses TBBMalloc instead of standard allocators, only active if MemoryManager is true

SaveGameMaxSize = false ; Expands the maximum uncompressed size of a save game from 64 MB to 128 MB; can fix "crash on save" issue in long-running saves

Thanks and happy modding!

I don't have an engineFixes.ini in steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\

What I do have is

EngineFixes.dll

EngineFixes.toml

EngineFixes_Preload.txt

EngineFixes_SNCT.toml

So where should I look?

Edited by polearbair

Hello, I am having this exact same issue but on the VR version of skyrim. I found the EngineFixesVR.ini file but it did not have an experimental tab at all at the bottom, nor any of the values you suggested to change. I added them in at the bottom and saved it, but I'm still experiencing ILS after 30 minutes or more of playing and loading into a new cell. Sorry if this belongs somewhere else, being the VR version and not the SE version, but I have searched everywhere for information on this and this thread is the closest thing I could come to based on what I'm experiencing.

I'm not expecting much, but if any of you may happen to know of a similar fix for the VR version for the exact same issue as described, I would forever appreciate you.

• 7 months later...