Vortex seems to have deleted SkyrimSE saves

Brazofuerte

This is not a request for support, merely a report. After adding a hair mod to my load and starting the game, there were no saves to load. The first thing I did was quit the game and look at save games in Vortex. It was empty. However when I looked at Global in the import option, the saves associated with this particular profile were in Global. Then I checked file manager. Sure enough, the saves that were normally in the profile folder had been moved to the main (default) saves folder and the saves that had been in the main folder were gone. Fortunately, I had made a backup of those saves recently so had not lost progress on that character. I had not, at this point, installed the latest version of Vortex (so it was whatever the last release version was). I will continue to make manual backups of my saves whenever I stop playing.

"Deploy" normally corrects any issues with save game location.

Any time I switch games or profiles, I always use a "Deploy" for this reason.

I will say my credibility on this issue is not the best. People tend to not believe me. But it works for me - and that is enough.

"Deploy" normally corrects any issues with save game location.

Any time I switch games or profiles, I always use a "Deploy" for this reason.

I will say my credibility on this issue is not the best. People tend to not believe me. But it works for me - and that is enough.

I believe you. I used to have occasional save location problems when switching profiles. However, thanks to you and a post of yours from about a year ago, I now do the very same thing. This easy little procedure always works.

To elaborate, I have one character that I started with the default profile (Save Games: no). Saves were stored in the ...\Skyrim Special Edition\saves directory. I have several other characters in another profile (0dqog-dus), with saves stored in ...\saves\0dqog-dus. When I started said play session, the 0dqog-dus saves were in the \saves directory and the \0dqog-dus directory was empty. The default profile saves that had been in the \saves directory were gone. Switching profiles back and forth did nothing to change this. I didn't try the Deploy Mods button. If it happens again, I will, but I'll also continue to back up my saves.