1st step: "Setting up Database"?

rocomat

See https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Setting_up_Database

- How do I connect to the server?

-"If you do not have acces to the pgAdmin..."

How can this happen? Then there must be something wrong and it seems all next steps do not work...MIne lokks complete different than the picture. Not everybody is a PostgreSQL pro!

-"After completing first step we use psql.exe or cmd to restore..."

"<PostgreSQL Installation Path>/bin/psql.exe -f <KCD Installation Path>/Data_reference/modding.sql -U postgres –d ConfigDB"

1. At cmd you must use "\" and not "/"!

2. There's no "Data_reference" dir in the "KCD Installation Path"! Its in the Off. Modding tools folder!

I miss a guide where / how to install the KCD modding tools. Should'nt this be the first step before installing database or other 3rd party tools?

Overall, it sucks at the beginnig at the "Before you start".
A good Tutorial to get started, or to start looks not like that.
First step befotre pubslishing is to sit some people behind the screen and tell them: do this tutorials, and tell where are problems. I think there are many.

1) just copy and paste your installation path. Don't change

2) you must copy modding tool files into kcd folders.

here is a video guide for you.

(If you have v2.0, sequences.sql file is different so I dont know where to write my ID. If you find out let me know or if you have v1.0 please upload somewhere and leave me a link

Edited by ZOBARCIK

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

God someone needs to make a Dummies guide to install this. I see you need notepad++. and paths are not even showing up. This section is as confusing as the first.