Mod Suggestion: Full hand control for Valve Index

gabrhost

Just ordered my Valve Index kit a few days ago, and I noticed that the VR control scheme for this game is trash.

While there has been one incredible improvement by fholger (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41931), there hasn't been any attempts made to map the Valve Index finger tracking, to a pre-existing hand model/textures for more immersive use.

I am excited to get my new Valve Index set, but it feels like something is missing without one of my favorite VR titles supporting the full hand control. Especially with the physics-sandbox nature of the Fallout series. Something as simple as a pair of hands for default, one with a pip-boy attached, maybe even a full body texture to look down and see attached to those. One mod similar to this was posted for Skyrim VR by prog0111, located here (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23416)

I understand this wouldn't be any small feat, so I am simply suggesting that anyone who has the capability, or knows someone who would team up with them to help put something like this together. I personally don't know enough about coding or the Fallout engine to make this happen myself, but I can see the mapping needing to be done being rather straight-forward once the controller inputs are mapped, and simple finger positions/ animations to those positions, are mapped to those.

I think even the ability to just grab junk items and throw them, by actually grabbing them would be cool.

Another part of prog0111's incredible Avatar mod, includes holsters for weapons. This concept would be amazing ported over to Fallout 4 VR for things like grenades, and other weapons. People would kill themselves in-game less often, and the pip-boy is sort of a pain to navigate anyway without a pose-able pointer finger.

Being able to physically watch my hand push over physics-oriented items by simply bumping into them would be cool as well.

I think everyone here would enjoy giving one faction or another the middle finger every now and then as well.

Small improvements, with significant increases to play-ability, and immersion.

I have a feeling something like this is in the works somewhere somehow. Still, without any certainty, I am here posting this to hopefully inspire someone to make this happen.