Beginner having difficulties modding

Bassgolem

I just recently started trying to use mods and so far all i have are "Fair magicka regen" "Madd leveler" and "Morrowind enhanced textures". I've narrowed it down to "madd leveler" as being the problem, when I launch the game I get an error message saying "Object "order_liche_elijah" not found for dialogue type topic info "EMPTY" continue running executable?" with a yes/no prompt, after clicking yes 3 times im taken to the main menu, and after trying to load a save game i get the error message "Expression error unable to find global variable "PCGreatBeast" in script order_beastargscript continue running executable?" followed by another yes/no prompt, regardless of what i click here the game closes.

Id really appreciate some help as I'm fairly new to Morrowind and this is the first time I've modded anything.

thanks.

edit: narrowed it down and found that Madd leveler was the mod causing issues, still no solution.

What leads you to believe Madd Leveler is responsible? I do not use Madd Leveler, but the errors are not the sort I associate with leveling mods. If I had to guess (and I do), knowing nothing beyond the theme of the mod, I would suspect Illuminated Order. I am certain you know what mods you have loaded now, but is it possible you had other mods, in particular Illuminate Order, running at one time and then removed them? Unpluging some mods without 'cleaning' your save of any records those mods created may result in errors of the sort you described.

By the way, this topic really belongs in the Morrowind Mod Troubleshooting sub-forum.

• 4 months later...

Hey Bassgolem :)

This is kinda an old post, so I don't know if you're still reading this, but if someone else runs into the same problem, maybe this can help...

One of the best parts of playing MW is modding it, but you can run into errors too, but we can figure it out. :)

So Googling the error is the first thing I'd do. I looked up the "PCGreatBeast" error you had, and saw this https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/913818-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/43391740 where they had the same error and also narrowed it down to that Madd leveler mod. I'm not familiar with that mod, but you can check to see if that's it by turning it off in your mod installer, or MW's main menu, whichever you used when you activated the mod. If the error isn't there when you load up the same save game, then that's probably the mod for sure. Now if that's the case, then I'd check the mod's page, wherever it's uploaded to (maybe Nexus?), and see if anyone else posted a bug like that one. Maybe the mod creator has a fix, or a patch. They might have also listed any mods that conflict with their's, and either cannot be used with it, or they might have a patch for it.

Hope this helps anyone reading it. :)