Posted Yesterday, 12:12 AM

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• photo-54170.png?_r=1533926623
  • Premium Member
  • icon_green_premium.png
  • I would appreciate any comments discussing the Mod.

The Work in Progress sits; notes collecting Cyberspace dust, within my computer and on my aging mind, waiting for someone. Like Merlin the Magician waiting for child Arthur to reach the age to be able to take the Sword from the Stone, gain the throne and be the new King of Seder Hotel. Or maybe Camelot's Morgana is who has the magic power to raise me from the ashes of my overworked brain.

I had began working on the idea to build a hotel. I wanted it to be buried in the D. C. Wastelands after the winds and fallout settled down. To begin the game the door that is found to the Custodial Engineers area needed an introduction that would get the Vault dwellers attention. A small avalanche was in the works. Rockfall would roll by. Each time I tried it the character was killed by the rock slide. The Custodial Engineers service entrance and the temporary power station supplied by the not yet constructed parts in the G.E.C.K. form, Solar power rooftop collectors. Addam mentions that they are mysteriously still providing power.

The rock slide would have provided the way in and the a paddle wheel put in place for the Grand Opening would have caused another so a driveway to the car parking basement of the Hotel was exposed on a road near the Railway, Monorail trains tracks, via another elevator in the Custodial Engineers quarter when the Paddlewheel was in place providing power.

The idea was that when each quest attached was complete more of the Hotel would be exposed. Intact after years. The solar power is still supporting the Custodial Engineers quarters. The intent was to have the paddle wheel placed. When the brake was released and the paddle wheel descended a couple of circular concrete beams blocking the entrance to the Hotels drive down into the parking area would sink down. The drive way would loose a lot of blocked dirt so a person could get into the Hotel after the paddle wheel engaged and gave the building full power from the generators the underground river paddle wheel turned out.

Each quest could involve gaining access to another part of the hotel. First the elevator would bring you up to the garage or car parking area then another in the car parking area to the lobby. From the lobby another elevator on both sides of the lobby provide access to upper floors. Each player could solve puzzles and make their way to the penthouse. I have written the story, planned designs. Each floor with apartments to suit the players desires for a player home. While questing on other quests would have triggers that added floors above each and opened up the ground outside the hotel. So it appeared to be uncovered floor by floor outside until it stands in it's full glory hardly a scratch on it to remind us what luxury can be acquired with a bit of elbow grease.

Fast travel? Why would you want to fly around in the air? Oh! It would be more fun if I just turned you into a bird. For Fallout 3? This isn't about Camelot? Oh! Ah yes. Now I remember thinking of this place from where I am! Traveling through time? I need my old friendly owl to keep me abreast of the when, where we are when we travel anymore these days.

A helicopter would be found on the roof resembling a Whirlybird for transportation.
I just need my wand to create helpers to construct the place. Then I can go back to my bleak little tower where Arthur will soon become a squire, or the house in the tangled woods. Oh! Thank you owl. We did that already. How about those molerats? Owl! OWL? Do you think they could make good construction workers? Owl.

Edited by Pagafyr, Yesterday, 12:37 AM.

Posted Today, 12:58 AM
I'm waiting to find out if anyone likes the idea of creating the Seder Hotel. It will be a major mod with lots of spacious apartments. Shops, work stations, a restaurant, and bar on the lower two floors, A private club on the 40th floor for those who can solve the puzzles to open the apartments on the 39th, all the way up to the Penthouse.
Posted Today, 12:04 PM
I spent a lot of time making plans and giving the Seder Hotel Mysteries enough attention; some storylines.
One it would have; the player seeking out Agatha's sisters Stradivarius would get a bonus Level because of the two combined if they accessed Addam's Holotapes at the Hotel's, Custodial Engineer Station when they find it. The holotapes need to be prepared more though, too.
Finding a note where the Stradivarius is would advance them to getting the main power turned on. Two switches. One in each chamber where you can see the underground river. Releasing the brakes on the socket for the Paddle Wheel so it could be lowered into the drive gear box for the main power would make an elevator in the main hall at the end that would take the player to the hotels main floor in the staff's work area. The player could gain access to the lobby from there and the real fun begins getting an apartment.
Anyone else feel that Fallout 3 deserves a bit of attention still who has some ideas if they think it's something worth continuing.
I would appreciate any comments discussing the Mod.

Sounds interesting. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of what happens in the exterior cell for uncovering the building .

Say for example you take the Tenpenny tower . Place it next to a cliff face. Then cover it up with a bunch of rock pieces. Then disable them from the top down through a series of quests.

Or would you just raise the building up , through a series of quests ? Like it fell into a sink hole , then with the gear machinery you described , slowly jack it up to ground level ?

But I guess both those would be exposing the penthouse first ... which sounds like you want to start at the bottom ? So maybe you can take the meaning of a "Mystery" to the next level. (hehe pun intended)

And say the building got transported to another dimension , err atleast most of it , except some of the basement levels. Which the player then figures out how to bring it level by level back into this dimension. And maybe in the end , the penthouse can exist in both dimensions simultaneously ?

Hmmm kinda makes me think of that Stephen King / Peter Straub book called "The Talisman"

First notice the trains overhead railway. Next look where it ends on the western face near the Custodial Engineers power station. What's the distance to the nearest hydroelectric power plant to a city?

Then figure in the distance from the underground freshwater river's power plant and the Hotel. How far away would be safe for the building would be according to where a solid tectonic plate may support it? Keep in mind maps measures miles per inch.

Now how far further west by northwest would you imagine it could be?

You can't see it, because the trains and the roads paths to it are blocked and you would have to be on top of it too to know where it is. The roof may very well be the only floor exposed. The penthouse windows may be getting sun glinting off of them as the sun rises in the morning and sets at dusk.

Most of the rest of it might be under a pile resembling one of the worlds largest termites mounds on Earth. Thankfully the hotels towering form is not made of wood. Some of us; know how strong the Deathclaws claws are and how they can tear holes through solid concrete walls.

Getting from the inner chamber with the windows facing the direction of the other chamber with the manhole cover to get in viewing the rivers drizzling streams down to the waterfall to its furthest end there awaits a door to an elevator to take you to the main hotels power connection. A man made tunnel from it to the elevator. It could be a few or many more miles long.

And once you get through the manmade tunnel you ride the elevator up to the switch room with another switch to give the hotel the boost it awaits. For the Grand Opening that never was.

Modern man's modern discoveries often are ancient mysteries reborn.

Thanks for your suppositions. :geek: Ideas you have shared are now yours, now providing you an anchor to build a foundation of your own some day.

I guess it would be best made in it's own small world cells.

So you can swap out land changes of that scale. Uncovering at least 4 exterior cell area for the Ant mound ? Thinking along the lines of existing assets anyways ... But the small world map have at least 5x5 usable cells ?

I said Ant mound because of the available assets ... plenty of Ant creatures ... but no termite creatures. You or someone else would need to model termites , cuz I am no modeler .

Albeit I guess you could just adjust the ant models ???

Hmmm maybe just re color them and make them smaller (1/4 size ? ) So that in game you wouldn't notice their similarity. Changing their weapons wouldn't be to hard either.

Unless you are saying the termite mound should be an abandoned one ? Which could add to the mystery aspect.

I guess I gota go get my toolbox back. Cuz your idea is fricken awesome !

Two things I keep in mind. I can't see over the top of the hill, cliffside blocking the way. There may be lower ground on the other side below the line of sight where the Hotel could be under just harden ash, soil, wood (huge termites), and/or debris. I can't get to the other side because the hill, the train rails, and the road are blocked.

Only one of two ways in: the long tunnel and the elevator to the back service entrance. Or if the parking garage theme is used too, the columns clear away blockage when they lower and engage the pumps to push water up to reservoirs every ten floors.

Interior hotel parking lot. Concrete walls and columns. Deathclaw territory.

Exterior, active hive of irradiated Termites. Explains the lack of trees. The last of the Termites exterminated opens possibilities to excavate the mound's wood chips.

You're thinking is making it more fricken obvious as you can imagine additional stuff to add what you imagine.

Seems those creative juices of yours are alive and well. Hunh? :happy:

Now! I will work on adding the door to access the tunnels. Put the mirror effect tunnel so there appears a long tunnel, put an electric golf style four wheel cart. Sitting in the charger with auto monitored charging so low. The battery is still active but minimally charged. Turn the switch to full charge. Two hours to full charge in full low charge. Switch the switch to high charge 15 minutes; not enough power yet, switches back to standby charge minimum until the player uses full low charge. Trickle charge/

Once it's charged. Flip the starter on. Time travel effect, fade out, fade in, parked in the charger at the other end view reversed. Cause a little confusion to the user, make them think for a second they haven't moved.

Turn around, Elevator door and one button blinking for up.

The way I see it ... Sorry I kept posting this .... what the heck was I thinking ?

Hehe ... this feels like I went back in time . And told you not to listen to me about your mod ?

I'd say it's still worth it though .

I have notes already in my library. The rock slide was to cause attention to the Custodial Engineers doors location. Problem is the only place a trigger could be set to activate it when the player walked nearby; was too close to the rock slide. I just had another idea that should work. All the player would have to do is fight a Deathclaw.