Fallout 4 Unable to Save with Vortex

lightonahill94

I have been troubleshooting for days, the short of it: I am trying to mod Fallout 4 using Vortex. With Vortex installed Fallout 4 will not create any saves. I know it is Vortex because when installed I can run the game, but when I try to save my game progress it says it will but there will be nothing saved.

After uninstalling Vortex and reinstalling Fallout 4 it will save as long as Vortex is not installed. For what it is worth Vortex when installed will implement the mods, the game will run the mods and everything works. Except it will not save.

So currently I have no mods installed. Vortex is installed with nothing on it and there is no saving still, so if someone could assist me so I can mod using Vortex and save my game when I play, that would be greatly appreciated. I am rather new to modding, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

I went into there and I am missing that folder oddly, all I have when I open the Fallout Doc folder are ini's. This will probably sound dumb, but can I make a new save folder? Might it have been misplaced elsewhere somehow?

Whoops I meant C:\users\<YOUR NAME>\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\Saves\

If you're missing that folder, then you don't have Fallout 4 installed properly