Vortex Version 1.1.4
Game: Fallout 4
Mods used: 66
OS: windows 10 x64 with 16GB RAM
I have been trying out the Profile management since yesterday and it took a while for me to understand how to set it up properly, i succeeded in the most part, except one aspect: HUD and PipBoy Colors.
For some odd reason it keeps reverting to a setting i previously used for testing purposes. I've searched all over the place for a solution, but i can't find an answer as to how to prevent this from happening.
To be more precise here is what i did:
- Created a new profile and transferred the settings of the original default profile to it.
- Gave it a name and set Save games and Game Settings to yes before changing my PipBoys colors (purple) in game.
- Moved save files around manually before i found out how it was supposed to work. (It all works as intended now)
- Noticed the resetting of my Color preferences when i moved from one Profile to the other, so i created 2 more profiles and tried to apply different color settings to each of them, but it kept reverting to the initial (purple) color every time i went from a profile to another.
- I deleted Fallout4Prefs.ini.baked and .base before reading on another topic that it was a mistake. In any case it didn't change anything that i'm aware of anyway.
- i tried countless times to reset the color to base values, both in game and through editing Fallout4Prefs.ini .baked and .base successively. Nothing seems to work, as soon as i switch profiles it resets.
Is there a way to at least reset the color to default Vault tec green for all profiles ? Or even better, get the .ini files stop resetting on their own on each profile change and retain the colors of each profile as they should ?
P.S: I didn't mention that i made my default profile a clean one with 0 mods on it and it's Save Games and Game Settings states are on "no", i don't think this is related to the issue, but i might aswell add the information just in case.
Edited by Darkbento, 02 December 2019 - 03:17 PM.