def_ui def ui preset hud vanilla

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

EchoHuntsman

EchoHuntsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

So, I've installed DEF_HUD and DEF_INV via DEF_UI with Vortex. I downloaded Clean HUD 2, both through Vortex and, now, manually. Manually, I chose the .xml file that I wanted and replaced the appropriate one in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Interface\DEF_CONF. As far as I know, I've installed it correctly. I also checked if the .xml file was correct by opening HUDMenuSet and it was. I saved it just in case.

But no matter what, if I enter the game, it shows the vanilla HUD and I've no clue why.

If it matters, I also tried installing Nomenklatura (a sorting mod), though the main file just caused my game to CTD when opening my Pip-Boy. So, I only used the DEF_INV_TAGS.xml and installed that manually too, which hasn't given me issues.

Load order is as follows.

0  0     Fallout4.esm
  1  1     DLCRobot.esm
  2  2     DLCworkshop01.esm
  3  3     DLCCoast.esm
  4  4     DLCworkshop02.esm
  5  5     DLCworkshop03.esm
  6  6     DLCNukaWorld.esm
254 FE   0 cccrsfo4001-pipcoa.esl
  7  7     Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
  8  8     HUDFramework.esm
  9  9     ArmorKeywords.esm
 10  a     Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
 11  b     LBPAC.esp
 12  c     ScrapScrap.esp
254 FE   1 Gunsmith Overhaul.esp
 13  d     Better Locational Damage.esp
 14  e     OutcastsAndRemnants.esp
 15  f     Depravity.esp
 16 10     AA FusionCityRising.esp
254 FE   2 ArmorClothingOverhaul.esp
 17 11     WeightlessMods.esp
 18 12     frogs345CombinedWeaponMods.esp
 19 13     BLD - Leveled Lists - DLC.esp
 20 14     Better Locational Damage - DLC_Automatron.esp
 21 15     CraftingFramework.esp
 22 16     W.A.T.Minutemen.esp
 23 17     TP-Redux.esp
 24 18     Vivid Waters.esp
 25 19     UniqueUniques.esp
 26 1a     SKKFastStart.esp
 27 1b     AA 50 Ways To Die.esp
 28 1c     ReducedJunkWeight.esp
 29 1d     Chainsaw.esp
 30 1e     Chainsaw_LL.esp
 31 1f     LooksMenu.esp
 32 20     ProjectValkyrie.esp
 33 21     LongRangeBulletHoles.esp
 34 22     No More Evade Animation.esp
 35 23     DOOM1911.esp
 36 24     Realistic Death Physics - ALL DLC.esp
 37 25     Mosin.esp
 38 26     WestTekTacticalOptics.esp
 39 27     WestTekTacticalOptics-AWKCR.esp
 40 28     CommonwealthConifersREDUX.esp
 41 29     EveryonesBestFriend.esp
 42 2a     No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
 43 2b     Quieter Settlements - Contraptions.esp
 44 2c     Quieter Settlements - Vanilla.esp
 45 2d     Quieter Settlements - Wasteland Workshop.esp
 46 2e     RadiantBirdsv05.esp
 47 2f     TrueGrass.esp
 48 30     CBBE.esp
 49 31     FO4Hotkeys.esp
 50 32     HuntingRevolver.esp
 51 33     NoBattleMusic.esp
 52 34     Crafting Mastery.esp
 53 35     Give Me That Bottle.esp
 54 36     SurvivalOptions.esp
254 FE   3 Gunsmith Overhaul - NADR.esp
 55 37     LBPAC AWKCR Patch.esp
 56 38     Realistic Sprinting.esp
 57 39     Better Chems.esp
 58 3a     Better Locational Damage - DLC_Far_Harbor.esp
 59 3b     Better Locational Damage - DLC_Nuka_World.esp
 60 3c     Weapons of Fate.esp
 61 3d     Better Locational Damage - DLC_WWorkshop.esp
 62 3e     Better Perks - Enhanced.esp
 63 3f     VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem.esp
 64 40     VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem - FarHarbor.esp
 65 41     VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem - NukaWorld.esp
 66 42     Better VATS - No Reduction.esp
 67 43     Better Aim Models.esp
 68 44     Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp
 69 45     Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp
 70 46     DarkerNights.esp
 71 47     DarkerNightsDetection.esp
 72 48     DLCWeaponsinCW.esp
 73 49     DLCAmmoScrounger.esp
 74 4a     AlexSleevePatcher.esp
 75 4b     PIP-Pad.esp
 76 4c     EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
 77 4d     Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
 78 4e     PIP-Pad_Pip-BoyFlashlight.esp

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Heya Echo!

Ok, so I'm really tired, and it's time for this wolf to crash out, so I'm gonna be kinda to the point.  Don't take it personal, I'm just tired.

First, I've not ever used DEF_UI, so I'm just winging this.

A)  If you're using the latest updated version of Fallout4, are you using the updated translation files for the mod?  (It's a seperate download on the files tab.) https://www.nexusmod...10654?tab=files

1) Never install games into Program Files or Program Files (86).  Those are system files, and windows gets real control-freakish with those.

So, make sure that everything that is your game, the exe files all are run as administrator.  Right click them, choose properties, then advanced.  Under advanced, make sure that Run as Administrator is ticked, then click apply/ok.

Now, also make sure that the exe file that DEF_UI installed, is also running as admin.  As well as make sure that you have them all whitelisted with your antivirus software(s).

2) Make sure that you do not have any other HUDMenu.swf files installed in your game folder.  Those are NOT cross compatible.

Also make sure that it's located in your Interface folder.

3) Make sure that all the proper .esp files are set as active.

Hope this points you in the right direction :wink:

-Sleepy Storm

Edited by StormWolf01, 03 December 2019 - 01:40 PM.

EchoHuntsman

EchoHuntsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Heya Echo!

Ok, so I'm really tired, and it's time for this wolf to crash out, so I'm gonna be kinda to the point.  Don't take it personal, I'm just tired.

First, I've not ever used DEF_UI, so I'm just winging this.

A)  If you're using the latest updated version of Fallout4, are you using the updated translation files for the mod?  (It's a seperate download on the files tab.) https://www.nexusmod...10654?tab=files

1) Never install games into Program Files or Program Files (86).  Those are system files, and windows gets real control-freakish with those.

So, make sure that everything that is your game, the exe files all are run as administrator.  Right click them, choose properties, then advanced.  Under advanced, make sure that Run as Administrator is ticked, then click apply/ok.

Now, also make sure that the exe file that DEF_UI installed, is also running as admin.  As well as make sure that you have them all whitelisted with your antivirus software(s).

2) Make sure that you do not have any other HUDMenu.swf files installed in your game folder.  Those are NOT cross compatible.

Also make sure that it's located in your Interface folder.

3) Make sure that all the proper .esp files are set as active.

Hope this points you in the right direction :wink:

-Sleepy Storm

Hey, thanks for the reply! I followed all of those instructions, but unfortunately it hasn't fixed the issue. Thanks for the help though.

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

No problem!  Just sorry that didn't work.

Ok, I think I may have a better idea now.  I was just looking at SKK's fast start, because of an issue somebody else was having.  SKK says right on his mod page that his mod isn't compatible with DEF_UI and HUDframework.  https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/29227

So I dunno if that's the source of the conflict, but I'd say that it's a good thing to look into.

EchoHuntsman

EchoHuntsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

No problem!  Just sorry that didn't work.

Ok, I think I may have a better idea now.  I was just looking at SKK's fast start, because of an issue somebody else was having.  SKK says right on his mod page that his mod isn't compatible with DEF_UI and HUDframework.  https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/29227

So I dunno if that's the source of the conflict, but I'd say that it's a good thing to look into.

Yep, I think I saw that, but dismissed it as it hadn't given me any infinite loading... Though, I have just tried a fresh game without it and it still hasn't made the changes...

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Ok, lets give this another shot then.  Did you use the patched HUDMenu.swf that comes with hudframework, that makes it compatible with DEF_UI? 

After really digging into hudframework, I see that both those mods use the same swf file, and the hudframework has an optional file in the file tabs that has an edited swf file that has the info for both mods.

EchoHuntsman

EchoHuntsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Ok, lets give this another shot then.  Did you use the patched HUDMenu.swf that comes with hudframework, that makes it compatible with DEF_UI? 

After really digging into hudframework, I see that both those mods use the same swf file, and the hudframework has an optional file in the file tabs that has an edited swf file that has the info for both mods.

Hey, that worked! Thank God. It is a bit annoying that it was something so simple, but ah well. Thank you for the help!

EDIT: Aaand now opening my Pip-Boy/Pad causes a CTD... Possibly something related to the DEF_INV .xml files?

Edited by EchoHuntsman, 05 December 2019 - 09:19 PM.

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Ohhhhhh no!  That sucks!   But, I'm glad that we got at least one thing taken care of :)

That's definitely a possibility. 

Does it work without the pip pad, or in both cases?  I notice that pip pad  requires MCM  https://www.nexusmod...21497?tab=files   which is not yet updated to the most recent updated version of the game that came out 2 days ago.

It's also possible that since the mod requires a "sorting mod" that whatever mod you're using for that may not be updated to the new file header system the game is using, and may not be working. :(

EchoHuntsman

EchoHuntsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Ohhhhhh no!  That sucks!   But, I'm glad that we got at least one thing taken care of :smile:

That's definitely a possibility. 

Does it work without the pip pad, or in both cases?  I notice that pip pad  requires MCM  https://www.nexusmod...21497?tab=files   which is not yet updated to the most recent updated version of the game that came out 2 days ago.

It's also possible that since the mod requires a "sorting mod" that whatever mod you're using for that may not be updated to the new file header system the game is using, and may not be working. :sad:

I checked both and it seems to crash with both vanilla Pip-Boy and with the Pip-Pad. That's quite possible though, so I guess I'll keep an eye on updates and see if there's anything I can do in the meantime.

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

I don't really see any other type of sorting mods on your list.  So my next guess would be that it might be one of your item weight mods that might be in conflict.

Yeah, this whole updates thing is being a pain in the tail right now :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: def_ui, def ui, preset, hud, vanilla

Page loaded in: 1.184 seconds