6165 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607,343 posts
Realistic Needs and Diseases

- Just another needs mod with some twists ;)

Teah

Teah

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm going to download this and try it. I think that I feel the same way about the current needs mods as you, I really like them, some are excellent. I've tried a few and they are really well made with some excellent concepts. The reason I'm not running any at the moment is really down to how much, or how little you need to do with them. I run with Frostfall, and keeping warm can be quite challenging sometimes and I don't want to spend all my time just on avatar maintainance. I nearly always put myself to bed at night and make sure I eat, (I know, I'm a geek) and I miss having some in game way of acknowledging that. Your mod has several of the features I really liked from various mods, the herbal tea! In my opinion you can't have a proper game without a nice cup of tea around the campfire, I'm so glad you did that. I love you've made intoxication, and tied in to diseases and other little tweaks like, not eating a whole cheese wheel in one go. I also love that you have included the drinking water. I use Drinking Fountains of Skyrim mod, (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24282) if you are willing to make it compatable with that I'd be a very happy bunny. I do have a question if I may, concerning the catching dieseases from sleeping outside. With Frostfall you can make a nice little tent and a campfire with a cooking pot, and I believe there are other mods where you have mobile travelling homes. I suppose you are correct in that sleeping outside in a tent in the tundra might give you a cold, I'm just hoping the balance of catching a cold v a disease is right. I guess I don't have a question after all. Thank you for making this mod and sharing it, I'm think that it might be what I've been looking for too, not too much maintaince, but realistic enough.

perseid9

perseid9

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
I use frostfall as well, and this mod is made with frostfall activated throughout, so I can assure you that it's fully compatible with frostfall. ;p The disease chance is configurable, you can set it to 0 if you don't want it, or set it to a more comfortable level. I'll post the details later. And thanks for the link, I'll check out the Drinking Fountains.

wolfslair

wolfslair

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Sound's good, am going to try this one. Can I ask if it cover's the food and drink from Hea\rthfire?

perseid9

perseid9

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
Hearthfire add-on patch is already on the to-do list ;)

Rammex

Rammex

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Will beign hungry kill me? XD

Tokoshiro

Tokoshiro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I love it so far, is it compatible with Babette's Feast, Cooking Expanded, and Real Wildlife Skyrim? (Those being the recipe mods I use). I've been dying to find a needs mod that fits in the game without breaking immersion but haven't found one yet. IMCN is just way too straining on the game and other mods like TR Basic needs and Nord Needs don't have patches for cooking mods.

Also I was wondering where you got the textures for the food, is it another mod or is it included with this one? I really like them :)

Berserker2012

Berserker2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
Is it Dawnguard compatible?

wolfslair

wolfslair

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
@ perseid9
Great news about the patch, thanks :)

perseid9

perseid9

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
@Rammex: no, it doesn't kill you, there is no dying of hunger/thirst in this mod. The worst you can get is starvation, just to make it "inconvenient" enough to stimulate the need for food. lol

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.627 seconds