• This topic is locked This topic is locked
584 replies to this topic

Dungeonfighter123

Dungeonfighter123

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 461 posts

I manually installed your lich king armor pacth

But when I run the boss after I try to fix the weapon clipping issue with lich king armor by using creation kit 1.9.32.0 (just reset the value of "weapon adjust",

it still shows me that lich king is out of order and need your patch.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
In response to post #8337309.

Please review the FAQ section on the Description Page.

Edited by Sharlikran, 18 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
In response to post #8338296.

The change has been made to the Masterlist.

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
In response to post #8321917.

Nothing has changed since version 1.8.151.0.7 of Skyrim that would require an update to the patches. So any patch will work with Skyrim version 1.8.151.0.7 or higher.

Edited by Sharlikran, 18 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Restutitor Orbis

Restutitor Orbis

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
I recently DLed and upgraded the Hideout Hearthfires compatibility patch to the latest version that you posted, but I can't really notice any difference. What exactly has been changed or fixed? Just curious!

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
In response to post #9202016.

I posted the differences on 9/13 on the description page in a bright Cyan color, please refer to that. The consistent theme with all of my patches is I fix them. I don't ever update them or add new features. I do that for compatibility reasons. If someone used the original author's plugin as a master then the mod that depends on it still works when it's used with my patch.

The Dovahkiin Hideout is the exception in that I will be adding everything back that Shawk took out because it got broken somehow.

Another mod I liked in the past was called Breezehome Addition - Bathing Area. It crashes Skyirm with Hearthfires installed. I have it updated but I am trying to get a hold of Rooq.

Edit: I got a hold of Rooq and he should have the updated file available. Hopefully he will let me update it also since I have some ideas for it.

Edited by Sharlikran, 19 September 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
I have chosen to host all my patches in one location. Managing over 40 or more mods, updating description pages, and managing the comments sections would take more work than anyone has time for. The nexus was never designed to have multiple files, of different mods, all together in one section. NMM is not designed to handle this either.  There is nothing I can do to fix any of this because I did not write NMM and I am not in charge of the Nexus.

For some people installing my patches is confusing. It really should not be confusing at all. I feel the confusion can be avoided by reading the prompt more closely and thinking about it a bit more. It just takes a moment to stop and really read the NMM prompt to understand what it is saying. 

1qhe.th.jpg

The above screen shot shows an example of NMM with one patch installed.

5m8v.jpg

When you go to install another patch NMM will tell you there is another version installed. This is not an NMM bug and it's nothing I can fix.

pxtc.jpg

I have put a red square around the important part of the prompt. It says, "Selecting No will install the new Mod normally" and that is the correct choice.

I would like to take a moment and stop with the install instructions to share something I feel is important about that prompt and NMM. What I am about to say has nothing to do with installing my mod but I feel understanding the prompt will help install my patches as well as other mods.

That prompt applies to all other mods and I would like to use ApachiiSkyHair and there hotfix for the Male Hair as an example. First you would install their main Male Hair mod. Then when you go to install the Hotfix. You must choose No in that case as well to install it. If you select Yes, you would uninstall the main Male Hair mod and all the files along with it. The hot fix and it's files would be the only files installed. When you tried to create a char none of the hair would show up.

Reading that prompt and thinking about what you are doing is very important. That is why I feel it is necessary to take the time to read the prompt. Not just for my patches but for any mod. Thank you for reading that, lets get back to installing the patch.

ndlb.th.jpg

So you would select No for the prompt and allow NMM to install the second patch. Once you do that you will have something that looks like the screen shot above. Notice that there are two patches installed. You can install as many patches as you need.

Hope that helps people be able to install more files and clear up some of the confusion.

Always make sure you are reading the description page for my patches and other authors mods. For most of the patches I provide the original authors mod is required because it contains the files that the plugin I have provided needs. In some cases I have permission to host the file and the required files that go along with it. When that happens then the original mod is no longer required and I will usually let you know.

I am very brief about it and I don't go into detail because it's not needed. When I say, "Original mod no longer required" there is no other way to explain that. You simply install my patch without first downloading the original authors mod. When the original mod is no longer required I have provided all the required files that NMM needs to properly install the mod.

Edited by Sharlikran, 21 March 2015 - 04:38 AM.

Sairven

Sairven

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 371 posts
Thanks for tackling the Dovahkiin Hideout! One of my all-time favorite mods. :D

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
In response to post #9224557.

You are welcome.

For everyone else I will be releasing non Hearthfires version of the Hideout as soon and I am done with the Hearthfires version. It's easier to strip the requirements from the plugin than maintain several versions at once.

I will be following Shawks dream of having a compact version, normal version, and an expanded version. I am already working on the expanded version to learn more about placing walls, floors, rooms, linking rooms, portals and all the requirements to make the space work. Once I am done I will probably need some beta testers before I add things. Since I have permission to update the hideout I might make another page as well for it because I have some plans for it.

Other expansion ideas:

So that I can find people now and they will have time to work on it. Please ask your friends and fellow community members if they are interested in doing this.

I had planed on making only non ESM versions of the hideout because I can't see the need for it. It should load in the same section as the rest of the player house mods. However, After I am done with the Hideout, or at least a bit further along in making sure it's 100% stable--I would like to see the Hideout become an ESM for this reason. When it's an ESM plugins can be based off of it. I would like to see the Hideout have seasonal decorations added to it and if it's an ESM that would be easier to accomplish. Having a warm Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Halloween ambiance would really make the Hideout that much more a cut above the rest.

Edited by Sharlikran, 23 September 2013 - 04:58 AM.

Tristamid

Tristamid

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Hey, thanks for this. All of it. You rock. Hard.

Now that all the pleasantries are said and done, I'm here for my selfish, selfish request: Warzones, by MGE (My Good Eye)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D9494&pUp=1

It was a CLASSIC, and something so high up in the endorsement polls should never be left to go out of style. Please and thank you for reading through.

Page loaded in: 0.741 seconds